Apprentice

Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:00 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apprentice

I don't know how she stopped herself smacking him one. What a tosser he turned out to be.

Trump should have just fired him on the spot for saying that, and hired her instead. Would have been priceless
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:03 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamjar
From his Bio on NBC's website;
" he holds five academic degrees in engineering, business and technology including a B.S. from Rutgers University, an M.S. from the University of Oxford in England as a Rhodes Scholar, and an M.S., M.B.A. and Ph.D. from MIT."
Don't think any of them can be called Mickey Mouse degrees. But obviously he needs to work on his English grammar.
MS = 1 year
So that's 5 years for rutgers and Oxford

MBA = 2 years
So that's another 3 at MIT not counting his PhD.

Ten years of study - rather him than me. :scared:

Oh, and by the way - don't be fooled by the Rhodes scholar bit. There are very hard to get but after that its basically a 1 year holiday in oxford.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
I don't know how she stopped herself smacking him one. What a tosser he turned out to be.

Trump should have just fired him on the spot for saying that, and hired her instead. Would have been priceless
Yeah would have made for an excellent finale. "You're hired and then a minute later "Randal, you're fired"
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:16 pm
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patrick
How ungracious was Randall, what a wanker. He had the chance to get Rebeca a job with Donald Trump too and told him no! Jumped up little shit
I was thinking the same thing. I said outloud to my husband what a complete ass Randall was for not wanting to share the limelight when I saw that moment last night.

But it has been my belief all along that Randall would be hired as they needed to fill their minority quota. They already filled one apprentice position with a woman, now they needed a black man to pull in black viewers...and my prediction was right.

Anyone else notice that ALL of the people working with Randall in his biz at the table were of African American decent? I bet Randall would have been happy to share the wealth had it been Marshawn up there with him instead of Rebecca.

I expect the next winning apprentice will be hispanic.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:19 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thing1
I was thinking the same thing. I said outloud to my husband what a complete ass Randall was for not wanting to share the limelight when I saw that moment last night.

But it has been my belief all along that Randall would be hired as they needed to fill their minority quota. They already filled one apprentice position with a woman, now they needed a black man to pull in black viewers...and my prediction was right.

Anyone else notice that ALL of the people working with Randall in his biz at the table were of African American decent? I bet Randall would have been happy to share the wealth had it been Marshawn up there with him instead of Rebecca.

I expect the next winning apprentice will be hispanic.
Companies, particularly govt ones in the us often have a quota to fill with regards to giving work to certain "minorities". It actually makes perfect sense to staff your consulting firm entriely with such people.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:23 pm
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Companies, particularly govt ones in the us often have a quota to fill with regards to giving work to certain "minorities". It actually makes perfect sense to staff your consulting firm entriely with such people.
hispanics and asians are considered "minority" as well, but I didn't see any of them at Randall's table.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:23 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
If your company is 98% minorities, then surely Whitie becomes the minority
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:31 pm
Thinking about it

If your company is 98% minorities, then surely Whitie becomes the minority
He does work for other companies, therefore he can supply minorities to these larger firms to satisify any quotas they have to meet.

I find the whole thing rather unpleasant.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

Aside from Randal's "I'm actually not that nice." revelation, my other favorite part of the show was when the Yahoo CEO did the desperate "We're not really selfish bastards" damage control bit.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by jamjar
Aside from Randal's "I'm actually not that nice." revelation, my other favorite part of the show was when the Yahoo CEO did the desperate "We're not really selfish bastards" damage control bit.
Oh do tell! I fell asleep right at the beginning.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:45 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Am I the only one that thinks Randall deserved to win and did the right thing saying Rebecaa shouldn't be hired?

Trump was out of order and should not have asked a stupid question like should Rebecca also he hired. It showed a lack of respect for the winner especially when she is not even in his league in terms of education, real world experience and performance on the show. If I was Randall, I would have been weak under pressure and said, yeah hire Rebecca. I commend him for being strong and standing up to Trump. Why should he share the glory? What's the point of two winners?

Plus Rebecca would have always known that she was second choice; an after-thought.

Personally I think Trump is racist (just look at his organisation, there are no non-whites in executive positions in a city as multi-cultural as new York). He had to also try and get the white person in.

Randall was not a token black at all. He was simply the best candidate.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:46 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
Oh do tell! I fell asleep right at the beginning.

You were lucky !!!

Trump picked the wrong one.... he was a selfish ungracious oaf, whose only skill was deception ...
Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:44 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
Am I the only one that thinks Randall deserved to win and did the right thing saying Rebecaa shouldn't be hired? .
No, there was a bunch of kids on the short bus that agreed with you! Anyone with an ounce of sense would say Randall was ungracious, selfish, self serving and childish (its my ball and if I cant play I'm taking it home)

The fact that there where 2 equally hirable people must have made it difficult. If Randall had any sense he would have given a diplomatic answer like "Yes, I beleive you should hire Rebecca but not tonight and not as part of this show"

Would have appeased everyone
Old Dec 16th 2005, 4:05 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I'm shocked that I'm in the minority here. I absolutely think Randall's response was the right one.

It might not have been the popular one, but that's what good leaders do: Make the tough decisions. If Trump had really wanted to hire Rebecca, he would have hired her -- either offered the job only to her or jointly offer it to her as well as Randall. But Trump didn't do that; he picked Randall. And even if you've only watched a couple of episodes of "The Apprentice" you know that that speaks volumes.

I honestly believe the main reason Trump presented that question to Randall was to cultivate as much buzz about the show as he could. (Which obviously worked.) That, plus he knew that both candidates were equally popular, but by asking Randall to tell him (and everyone else) if he had made the right decision, Trump doesn't look like the bad guy for only picking one person -- Randall does. I think, given the circumstances, Randall handled the situation very well.

And for those of you who have called Randall selfish, greedy and egotistical, here are some of Donald Trump's thoughts on that sort of thing:

"Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser."

"The point is that you can't be too greedy."

"What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate."

Contrary to what some of you have said, I think after hearing Randall's answer, Donald Trump was quietly saying to himself, "Thank god I picked this guy; he's perfect!"

~ Jenney

ps. I thought Trump demonstrated extreme tactlessness by asking Randall if Rebecca should also be hired AFTER awarding him the job. If Trump had presented the question to each of them BEFORE announcing the winner, that would be one thing. But to award the job to one of them and then immediately turn around and pull the rug out from under him... tacky.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 4:11 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

How ungracious was Randall, what a wanker. He had the chance to get Rebeca a job with Donald Trump too and told him no! Jumped up little shit
It's Apprentice NOT Apprenti , she was pretty tasty too. There's room enough for both of them in that big operation and 2 separate projects were on offer too, selfish git.
What about the Russian chick? She was a good businesswoman but a right hard faced bitch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.