application

Old Dec 12th 2006, 3:47 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: application

Originally Posted by Nick01
what about your daughter
Are you fishing for a sp4nking?

If so, join the queue
Old May 8th 2007, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of

Hi everyone,

Until now the recruiter did not contact me. So I decided to write him another e-mail to let him know that I am still interested in the position and that I found another job offer at the same company I am interested in. What do you think?

Could you check the e-mail I prepared? I know I am asking quite a bit, but would be extremly grateful. I appreciate any comment and correction. Thanks!

Dear xxxx,

I am still veryinterested in the Training Program at xxxx. Though I am aware of another announcement from xxxx on careerbuilder.com offering a position as a bi-lingual technical support representative I am very interested in as well.

I have attached my resume and you'll see that I am a candidate with fluency in French and German and that I have been involved in customer service positions the past four years. So I have experience of working in a help-desk environment in the financial industrie and have a general knowledge of IT.

I am eligible to work in the USA and would be available as from first of August.

I appreciate your reading my e-mail and considering me for one of these positions.

Sincerely,

Nick
Old May 8th 2007, 7:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Dear xxxx,

I am still veryinterested in the Training Program at xxxx. Though I am aware of another announcement from xxxx on careerbuilder.com offering a position as a bi-lingual technical support representative I am very interested in as well.

I have attached my resume and you'll see that I am a candidate with fluency in French and German and that I have been involved in customer service positions the past four years. So I have experience of working in a help-desk environment in the financial industrie and have a general knowledge of IT.

I am eligible to work in the USA and would be available as from first of August.

I appreciate your reading my e-mail and considering me for one of these positions.

Sincerely,

Nick
typo and grammar are a big no-no....and state your work authorised at the start, it's what they are most interested in.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of

Hey Bob, thanks for your answer. I'll change the letter:

Dear xxxx,

I am still very interested in the Training Program at xxxx. Though I am aware of another announcement from xxxx on careerbuilder.com offering a position as a bi-lingual technical support representative. I am very interested in this position as well, because the requirements aligne very well with my experience and skills.

I have attached my resume and you'll see that I am fluent in French and German and that I have been involved in customer service positions the past four years. So I have experience of working in a help-desk environment in the financial sector and a general knowledge of IT.

Sincerely,

Nick

The recruiter I am sending the mail should already know that I am eligible to work in the USA an d I will write it on my resume as well.

Last edited by Nick01; May 8th 2007 at 8:08 pm.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Hey Bob, thanks for your answer. I'll change the letter:

Dear xxxx,

I am still very interested in the Training Program at xxxx. Though I am aware of another announcement from xxxx on careerbuilder.com offering a position as a bi-lingual technical support representative. I am very interested in this position as well, because the requirements aligne very well with my experience and skills.

I have attached my resume and you'll see that I am fluent in French and German and that I have been involved in customer service positions the past four years. So I have experience of working in a help-desk environment in the financial sector and a general knowledge of IT.

Sincerely,

Nick

The recruiter I am sending the mail should already know that I am eligible to work in the USA an d I will write it on my resume as well.
align.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: application

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
align.
thank you !
Old May 8th 2007, 8:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

thank you !
I think Bob was trying to tell you to put the bit about being authorised to work in the US at the very beginning of the letter. Just tell them you are a USC.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think Bob was trying to tell you to put the bit about being authorised to work in the US at the very beginning of the letter. Just tell them you are a USC.
yup, because if they skim through and see that your a foreigner, they might just bin it straight off rather than bother read through to see the details, if on the other hand you start your cover letter/resume with saying your work authorised, they'll more likely look through it as you've got to be expecting these people to be getting stacks of emails a day.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again for your input. I mention know the work authorization at the beginning.

what about the typos and grammar? still a big no-no ?

Dear xxxx,

I am still very interested in the Training Program at xxxx. I am eligible to work in the USA and would be available as from first of August.

Though I am aware of another announcement from xxxx on careerbuilder.com offering a position as a bi-lingual technical support representative. I am very interested in this position as well, because the requirements align very well with my experience and skills.

Sincerely,

Nick
Old May 8th 2007, 9:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I have attached my resume and you'll see that I am fluent in French and German and that I have been involved in customer service positions [for] the past four years.

I have experience of working in a help-desk environment in the financial sector and a general knowledge of IT.

Sincerely,

Nick
that's all I'd change
Old May 8th 2007, 9:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
that's all I'd change
I would defo say I was a USC...not just Johnny on a visa.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: application

Originally Posted by Bob
that's all I'd change

Okay, thank you very much !
Old May 8th 2007, 9:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I would defo say I was a USC...not just Johnny on a visa.
if you aren't though, that's asking for more trouble than it is worth.
Old May 8th 2007, 10:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
if you aren't though, that's asking for more trouble than it is worth.
He is...he was born in the US.