application

Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of
Question application

In september I had a phone-interview concerning a new job. The recruiter asked me to start in october, but for personal reasons I cant move at the moment and we agreed to continiue with the application in summer 2007. Now another recruiter from the same company sent me an e-mail, saying that he is impressed by my skills etc. and that he will be in touch with me in 2007.

Maybe a rather stupid question , but I am not familiar with application process in the US: should I reply to this mail, that I am still interested in the job?
Old Dec 11th 2006, 12:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: application

Originally Posted by Nick01
In september I had a phone-interview concerning a new job. The recruiter asked me to start in october, but for personal reasons I cant move at the moment and we agreed to continiue with the application in summer 2007. Now another recruiter from the same company sent me an e-mail, saying that he is impressed by my skills etc. and that he will be in touch with me in 2007.

Maybe a rather stupid question , but I am not familiar with application process in the US: should I reply to this mail, that I am still interested in the job?
You can give it a go...it's not like they can apply for the visa till April anyway, for an Oct start at the earliest....and it'll cost them a few grand all it, so you might as well get as many hooks out there as you can.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Most definately reply and say that you are still interested in the job. If it comes to the point where they offer it to you, and its not right for your timing again, then tell them so at that time.

Seriously, don't think twice about stringing US employers along. They WILL do the same to you.........
Old Dec 11th 2006, 11:34 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, let them know you're still interested. If you don't, they'll assume you aren't interested and move on to the next person who is.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of

thanks a lot !

I'll drop him two lines
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

that's the e-mail he wrote me:

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your application for a role on our Graduate Training Program commencing in 2007. We have read your CV and have been impressed by your skills and achievements. I will be in touch early in the new year to continue with your application for a role here at xxxx.

Kind regards, xxxx
would be nice if you could check my two lines as my grammer and orthography is disastrous:

Hi xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am still interested in the Training Program at xxxx commencing in 2007 and I am looking forward to hear from you in the new year.

Sincerly, xxxx

can you find any mistake or a strange wording?

thanks a lot !
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

would be nice if you could check my two lines as my grammer and orthography is disastrous:

Hi xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am still interested in the Training Program at xxxx commencing in 2007 and I am looking forward to hear from you in the new year.

Sincerly, xxxx

thanks a lot !
hey nick, check out the spelling of sincerely and i'd add ing to the word hear in your last sentence. i might be tempted to add the word very before interested if you are very interested in the position.

good luck
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:53 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Hi xxxx,

Sincerly, xxxx

thanks a lot !
I would second trubrit but would also add that I wouldn't use the opening 'hi' but 'Dear...' as that was how the original was addressed to you.
Maybe "I look forward to hearing from you" sounds better.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

hey thanks a lot, I realy appreciate !!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 11:22 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I would second trubrit but would also add that I wouldn't use the opening 'hi' but 'Dear...' as that was how the original was addressed to you.
Maybe "I look forward to hearing from you" sounds better.
If it were me I would also use the opportunity to insert a little plug as to why I was absolutely the best person for the job!

Remember, the US invented self-promotion!!

PS - to the OP: how come you have a Swiss flag in your avatar?
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira
PS - to the OP: how come you have a Swiss flag in your avatar?
I am swiss, but was born in the US. Hence I have both passports, though I grew up in Switzerland and never realy lived in the US.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:48 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I am swiss, but was born in the US. Hence I have both passports, though I grew up in Switzerland and never realy lived in the US.
You lucky devil! Now all you need is an EU passport, and you're sorted!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

You lucky devil! Now all you need is an EU passport, and you're sorted!
maybe to marry a nice british girl would help me to get an EU passport , lol
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:34 pm
Homebody

maybe to marry a nice british girl would help me to get an EU passport , lol

Sorry, can't help you - I'm taken
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, can't help you - I'm taken
what about your daughter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.