Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Apple ipod Shuffle

Wikiposts

Apple ipod Shuffle

Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of
Default Apple ipod Shuffle

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? Seems to be sold out in most places.

Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apple ipod Shuffle

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? Seems to be sold out in most places.

Thanks
The real question is why would you want one of these?

To have 1Gb to store songs but no LCD screen to see what songs you can play seems a bit pointless to me.

-tom
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

amazon, ebay, overstock ???
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
The real question is why would you want one of these?

To have 1Gb to store songs but no LCD screen to see what songs you can play seems a bit pointless to me.

-tom

Well honestly I have no need to store 10,000 songs! And no desire to spend $300+

I just need something small and compact - the ability to store about 100 songs and spend $99 sounds just want I need.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:05 am
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

It's also worth noting that not only can you not see your song, but you cannot select which song to play.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Well honestly I have no need to store 10,000 songs! And no desire to spend $300+

I just need something small and compact - the ability to store about 100 songs and spend $99 sounds just want I need.
100 songs is out of my Creative Muvo's range but it is a neat device and I would recommend it. It has a roughly 30 song capacity (although there is a larger version available) plus LCD screen, and FM radio.

-tom
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:10 am
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

ANd to cap it all, Apple has deleted 3 lots of 15 songs from my sons IPOD. He's a smart techie but he has no idea why. Calls to Apple support are a waste of space.
I'm $45 out of pocket... Grrrr. Apple Ipod/Itunes security sucks.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:10 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Have you tried the Apple store??
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

for the money, you can get much better, and also cheaper players will do that, creative muvo ain't bad...and the rio ain't bad either, and that can have memory sticks put in to extend space....iRiver is nicer too....
if you don't need a screen, bang and olufsen is the nicest around, but nae cheap *lol*
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by franc111s
ANd to cap it all, Apple has deleted 3 lots of 15 songs from my sons IPOD. He's a smart techie but he has no idea why. Calls to Apple support are a waste of space.
I'm $45 out of pocket... Grrrr. Apple Ipod/Itunes security sucks.
problem with 'em, you cna't buy your tunes elsewhere or they won't work...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

It would probably work out better buying a 2nd hand older 5gb or 10gb ipod off ebay than spending $99 on the new one, which seems to have a great deal of limitations.

I'd sell you my 15gb ipod if it wasn't for the fact that I'm one day going to hook it up in the car, so it stops gathering dust at home.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:36 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off topic.... I have a regular 20 Gb I-pod, I would like to download stuff from the BBC site such as plays, shows etc. I can listen to them through my PC but how do I record them, save them and then download a BBC streaming file to my i-pod. Is this possible??
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:38 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
It would probably work out better buying a 2nd hand older 5gb or 10gb ipod off ebay than spending $99 on the new one, which seems to have a great deal of limitations.

I'd sell you my 15gb ipod if it wasn't for the fact that I'm one day going to hook it up in the car, so it stops gathering dust at home.
Have you tried the I-trip? It is a little transmitter that fits to the I-pod and plays through the car radio. That way you don't have to wire it to the car.
I have one and the sound quality is pretty decent.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Hmmmmm.... Yes I might re-assess. I think I may just as well go for the regular one - I don't really need to store that many songs, but the screen would be lovely. V. Useful for all the flights to London and back!

Plus they come in so many lovely colours now!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:48 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm.... Yes I might re-assess. I think I may just as well go for the regular one - I don't really need to store that many songs, but the screen would be lovely. V. Useful for all the flights to London and back!

Plus they come in so many lovely colours now!
that'll be the ipod mini then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.