British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Apple Fest Weekend? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/apple-fest-weekend-629990/)

Bob Sep 9th 2009 11:53 pm

Apple Fest Weekend?
 
Well it's apple fest this weekend apparently, so loads of orchards are doing some deals and the like.

We're heading up to Maine to hang out with family....anyone else going?

tonrob Sep 10th 2009 12:32 am

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 7918531)
Well it's apple fest this weekend apparently, so loads of orchards are doing some deals and the like.

We're heading up to Maine to hang out with family....anyone else going?

You really do live life close to the edge, don't you? :lol:

Bob Sep 10th 2009 12:41 am

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 7918600)
You really do live life close to the edge, don't you? :lol:

yup, seat of the pants stuff this :D

saying that, the cousins husband has finished brewing up a batch of beer which should be good, was a brew master at one of those maine microbrews before he "grew up" and got a teaching job :D

anotherlimey Sep 10th 2009 12:48 am

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 7918531)
Well it's apple fest this weekend apparently, so loads of orchards are doing some deals and the like.

We're heading up to Maine to hang out with family....anyone else going?

I thought this would be a Mac thread!

Vimto Sep 10th 2009 1:54 am

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 
The North Georgia Apple Festival up in Elijay, is not for a few weeks yet
http://www.georgiaapplefestival.org/

October 10th - 11th 2009 & October 17th - 18th 2009

daisygirl Sep 10th 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 
Apples apples, where can we find Bramley Apples in the US???

tamms_1965 Sep 10th 2009 1:39 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 
There is an Applefest this weekend in the next county over, but my town has the famous Popcorn Festival (yes, you read that correctly, we have a weekend devoted to popcorn because all the good stuff like sauerkraut, potatoes, and apples were already taken by neighboring towns).

Englishtart Sep 10th 2009 1:47 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 (Post 7920014)
There is an Applefest this weekend in the next county over, but my town has the famous Popcorn Festival (yes, you read that correctly, we have a weekend devoted to popcorn because all the good stuff like sauerkraut, potatoes, and apples were already taken by neighboring towns).


Do they show movies too?:rofl:

Nothing going on here this weekend, next weekend we have the Air show on base, it's usually pretty good, unfortunately, my Son is 'too cool' to be seen out in public with Mom, so I will probably just watch it from the back patio:ohmy:

tamms_1965 Sep 10th 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by Englishtart (Post 7920035)
Do they show movies too?:rofl:

Nothing going on here this weekend, next weekend we have the Air show on base, it's usually pretty good, unfortunately, my Son is 'too cool' to be seen out in public with Mom, so I will probably just watch it from the back patio:ohmy:

Our air show was in July but we didn't go...we're too cool:) to fight the crowds. I've lived here 7 years and have yet to go the Popcorn Fest (even though I could walk to it). I think the Greek Festival is going on also and sounds yummier.

Englishtart Sep 10th 2009 2:11 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 (Post 7920057)
Our air show was in July but we didn't go...we're too cool:) to fight the crowds. I've lived here 7 years and have yet to go the Popcorn Fest (even though I could walk to it). I think the Greek Festival is going on also and sounds yummier.

Yeah, the crowds can be a big pain, usually the weather is the thing that stops us going, it's usually in the high 80's, sunny and humid, but this year could be nice and cool.

The Greek festival does sound yummy, you should go ;)

tamms_1965 Sep 10th 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by Englishtart (Post 7920101)
Yeah, the crowds can be a big pain, usually the weather is the thing that stops us going, it's usually in the high 80's, sunny and humid, but this year could be nice and cool.

The Greek festival does sound yummy, you should go ;)

I would if I can get hubs to go. The Italian festival is also this weekend (and it's closer, 4 mi vs. 10 mi for the Greeks). Hubs will not want to go to either I'm sure. I'm hungry now.

Englishtart Sep 10th 2009 3:01 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 (Post 7920164)
I would if I can get hubs to go. The Italian festival is also this weekend (and it's closer, 4 mi vs. 10 mi for the Greeks). Hubs will not want to go to either I'm sure. I'm hungry now.

Oooh, I think I would chose the Italian one :thumbup: All that pasta and wine! Yummy :drinkwine:

Dewey Sep 10th 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by daisygirl (Post 7919976)
Apples apples, where can we find Bramley Apples in the US???

Try looking for your state apple growers association e.g. apparently in Virginia bramley's are not a commercial crop...boo. However Google is your friend, here's an article about getting hold of Bramley's in California. I just typed in "bramley apple by mail".

MrEmjoy Sep 10th 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 
Bob and apple go hand in hand.

chartreuse Sep 10th 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Apple Fest Weekend?
 

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 (Post 7920014)
There is an Applefest this weekend in the next county over, but my town has the famous Popcorn Festival (yes, you read that correctly, we have a weekend devoted to popcorn because all the good stuff like sauerkraut, potatoes, and apples were already taken by neighboring towns).

Think yourself lucky. By the time our town got its turn, the only things left were cannibalism and sodomy. :eek:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:56 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.