British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Apparently the Pres is one of ours (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/apparently-pres-one-ours-751913/)

rpjs Mar 18th 2012 1:26 am

Apparently the Pres is one of ours

Went to the post office today. Outside was a small stand with lots of "Impeach Obama" posters, and in smaller letters "LaRouchePAC". (In case you've not heard of Lyndon LaRouche, he thinks the Queen is the head of all the drug cartels in the world, and we British are trying to take over the world. Inevitably he claims the Jews are mixed up in the conspiracy too.)

Uh-oh, we think, crazies, perhaps we can slip by unnoticed?

No such luck. "British imperialism is trying to influence the White House!"

"I am British, so I think that's a very good thing."

"Oh", then she starts off about Obama swearing loyalty to the Queen, but we escape into the post office. We say to the counter lady about the crazies outside. She sighs and says they can't do anything about them as they're on the public sidewalk.

On our way out, once again "Obama is a British agent!"

"The British wish!" says my wife, and we dash across the road.

What crazy people have you encountered lately?

Juswus Mar 18th 2012 2:45 am

Re: Apparently the Pres is one of ours

Originally Posted by rpjs (Post 9958652)
In case you've not heard of Lyndon LaRouche, he thinks the Queen is the head of all the drug cartels in the world, and we British are trying to take over the world.

fantastic! :thumbsup:

robin1234 Mar 18th 2012 12:26 pm

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-04-02-hug.jpg

QED

Sally Redux Mar 18th 2012 7:24 pm

It's because of all the British baddies in films.

Xebedee Mar 19th 2012 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 9959192)

I know there is all this protocol and tradition when meeting the Queen, but this picture is lovely.

Uncle Ebenezer Mar 19th 2012 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Xebedee (Post 9960968)
I know there is all this protocol and tradition when meeting the Queen, but this picture is lovely.

:huh:

SultanOfSwing Mar 19th 2012 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Xebedee (Post 9960968)

I sort of know what you're getting at but I can't help thinking that it looks like the Queen is pinching Mrs O's bottom :lol:

robin1234 Mar 19th 2012 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9961300)
I sort of know what you're getting at but I can't help thinking that it looks like the Queen is pinching Mrs O's bottom :lol:

That was X's point I think; the Queen only pinches the bottom of heads of state (or their spouses) if she truly owns that country.

SultanOfSwing Mar 19th 2012 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 9961322)
That was X's point I think; the Queen only pinches the bottom of heads of state (or their spouses) if she truly owns that country.

Oh, I see. Pinching a Bottom of State, as it were.

Tarkak9 Mar 20th 2012 4:58 am

it seems there is an increasing number of the US population who have their heads shoved further up their ar$e or soo buried in sand ..... how they don't suffocate is beyond me.

SultanOfSwing Mar 20th 2012 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Tarkak9 (Post 9962181)
it seems there is an increasing number of the US population who have their heads shoved further up their ar$e or soo buried in sand ..... how they don't suffocate is beyond me.

Heads so far up their own arses, they come out their own mouths :blink:

njmackem Mar 20th 2012 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by rpjs (Post 9958652)
Went to the post office today. Outside was a small stand with lots of "Impeach Obama" posters, and in smaller letters "LaRouchePAC". (In case you've not heard of Lyndon LaRouche, he thinks the Queen is the head of all the drug cartels in the world, and we British are trying to take over the world. Inevitably he claims the Jews are mixed up in the conspiracy too.)

Uh-oh, we think, crazies, perhaps we can slip by unnoticed?

No such luck. "British imperialism is trying to influence the White House!"

"I am British, so I think that's a very good thing."

"Oh", then she starts off about Obama swearing loyalty to the Queen, but we escape into the post office. We say to the counter lady about the crazies outside. She sighs and says they can't do anything about them as they're on the public sidewalk.

On our way out, once again "Obama is a British agent!"

"The British wish!" says my wife, and we dash across the road.

What crazy people have you encountered lately?

I want to come to your Post Office and wind these morons up.

My friend who works in an office with a high black population was astonished to find on of his colleagues with one of the most racially dodgy bumper stickers for the new presidential election. The bumper sticker has the republican logo on and then simply the words

DON'T RE-NIG IN 2012

Needless to say that his car took a bit of a bricking, surprisingly though the cameras missed it. Also the trooper that come to investigate (they are on land rented to them by the state troopers) was not very sympathetic either (being a large black man)...

Crazies everywhere!!

HarryTheSpider Mar 20th 2012 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Tarkak9 (Post 9962181)

they must breathe through their skin pores alone... in the same way I guess that insects (like cockroaches?) breath through tiny holes in the middle of their bodies...

Uncle Ebenezer Mar 20th 2012 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider (Post 9962834)
they must breathe through their skin pores alone... in the same way I guess that insects (like cockroaches?) breath through tiny holes in the middle of their bodies...

By the way, Harry, thanks ...

rpjs Mar 20th 2012 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by njmackem (Post 9962648)
I want to come to your Post Office and wind these morons up.

I did try a little bit but the old saying about wrestling pigs comes to mind.

Needless to say that his car took a bit of a bricking, surprisingly though the cameras missed it. Also the trooper that come to investigate (they are on land rented to them by the state troopers) was not very sympathetic either (being a large black man)...
Excellent!