British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   apology and thanks for finance advise for uk intern xxx (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/apology-thanks-finance-advise-uk-intern-xxx-499955/)

SPARKLES Dec 15th 2007 11:27 am

apology and thanks for finance advise for uk intern xxx

hello there

I wish to publicly apologise for being impatient and posting a new thread! (ive never been on a forum before and saw it had been viewed a lot but no replies...) anyway at least it got u lot writing something rather than nothing!!he he

I also want to thank the kind people who have replied to me to help xx

I have a j-1 visa and for those who do not wish to be "unkind" i must have come across wrong in my email as i do not any intention of applying for "credit" just to open a basic bank account to pay in my wages in the US. My savings are also for living expenses whilst im in the US and the reason I am on this forum is so i do not damage my credit rating any further!!!!

I think il get a ssn/or card because ive something in my documents thats talks about this matter which il look into xx

I hope everyone is accomodating as the people who offer advice on this site when i get over there!

oh and im a "she" xxx

tonrob Dec 15th 2007 11:33 am

Re: apology and thanks for finance advise for uk intern xxx

Originally Posted by SPARKLES (Post 5671469)
hello there

I wish to publicly apologise for being impatient and posting a new thread! (ive never been on a forum before and saw it had been viewed a lot but no replies...) anyway at least it got u lot writing something rather than nothing!!he he

I have a j-1 visa and for those who do not wish to be "unkind" i must have come across wrong in my email as i do not any intention of applying for "credit" just to open a basic bank account to pay in my wages in the US. My savings are also for living expenses whilst im in the US and the reason I am on this forum is so i do not damage my credit rating any further!!!!

I think il get a ssn/or card because ive something in my documents thats talks about this matter which il look into xx

I hope everyone is accomodating as the people who offer advice on this site when i get over there!

oh and im a "she" xxx

You really need to get a hang of the internet forum thingy. You posted this message a few minutes before at the end of your existing thread, so why have you started a new one now?

SPARKLES Dec 15th 2007 11:39 am

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 5671479)
You really need to get a hang of the internet forum thingy. You posted this message a few minutes before at the end of your existing thread, so why have you started a new one now?

i know im not very good but give me a break ive only written on the the thing 3 times!

tonrob Dec 15th 2007 11:50 am

Originally Posted by SPARKLES (Post 5671490)
i know im not very good but give me a break ive only written on the the thing 3 times!

Ok - break given. Advice though - new threads are used for new conversation topics. By posting the message the first time those people who are interested in reading it will read it.

Wishing you every success in your time over here! :)

dbj1000 Dec 15th 2007 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 5671517)
Ok - break given. Advice though - new threads are used for new conversation topics. By posting the message the first time those people who are interested in reading it will read it.

Wishing you every success in your time over here! :)

I'll second Tonrob's best wishes... and I'll add that I wish your employer lots of luck too! :rofl:

Jerseygirl Dec 15th 2007 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by SPARKLES (Post 5671469)
hello there

oh and im a "she" xxx

Hello and welcome to BE. :)

I can't quite remember the answers you got in your previous thread but you will be able to open a bank account once you have a US address. Some banks will say you need a SSN to open an account...this is not true ask to speak to a supervisor or the manager.

I wish you all the best and don't forget if you are feeling homesick you always have us. ;)

dbj1000 Dec 15th 2007 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 5672565)
...I wish you all the best and don't forget if you are feeling homesick you always have us. ;)

That's right. We're definietely the best cure for homesickness. You chat with us for a while online, and you remember why it was that you chose to come to America to get away from all your fellow Brits! :)