Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Apartments arrangement in the U.S.

View Poll Results: Do you rent an apartment or you bought a one?
We live with my partner's family
0%
We bought own apartment without bank loan
2.94%
We bought own apartment with bank loan
5.88%
we rent an apartment for 250$-350$ a month
2.94%
we rent an apartment for 350$-450$ a month
8.82%
we rent an apartment for 450-550$ a month
5.88%
we rent an apartment for more than 550$ a month
73.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Apartments arrangement in the U.S.

Old Aug 22nd 2004, 3:28 pm
The fattest member

fatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to all
Default Re: Apartments arrangement in the U.S.

We're looking for apartments right now in L.A and a 1 bedroom, lounge, kitchen, 1 bathroom appartment pretty much anywhere half decent is around $800 a month.
Bath is cool, but it's nowhere near as good as Bristol
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

trasmus will become famous soon enoughtrasmus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pulaski

BTW In the Charlotte, NC, area the "Section 8" Federal housing rent subsidization scheme for low income families allows rent on a two bedroom apartment of some thing like $650, so I doubt there are many places in the US that apartments can be rented for significntly less than $550.

In Texas you can find a 1 bedroom anywhere from $350-450 and up. Depending on the location and so forth. With section 8, rent on a 1 bedroom would be around $150 or so a month and a bit more for a 2 bedroom. But this is in Texas, not so sure about other areas around the country.

Michelle
Old Aug 24th 2004, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Hugh Jaas will become famous soon enoughHugh Jaas will become famous soon enough

I've been looking around the Ventura County area and a 2 bed 1 bath apartment seems to range( depending on area, furnished/unfurnished) from $1300 - $2000+

When I started looking my priority was safe neighbourhood and commuting distance. Since started I check in on the local news sites just to get a feel. I've posted somes sites that have been reviewed by residents. They might give some starting point?

http://www.apartmentreviews.net/index.html
http://www.apartmentratings.com/

good luck.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:49 pm
The fattest member

fatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hugh Jaas
I've been looking around the Ventura County area and a 2 bed 1 bath apartment seems to range( depending on area, furnished/unfurnished) from $1300 - $2000+

When I started looking my priority was safe neighbourhood and commuting distance. Since started I check in on the local news sites just to get a feel. I've posted somes sites that have been reviewed by residents. They might give some starting point?

http://www.apartmentreviews.net/index.html
http://www.apartmentratings.com/

good luck.
nice one that websites quite helpful