Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AOS questions

AOS questions

Old Aug 27th 2001, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Tony30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

I am on a K-1 visa in the States and I have several questions for the filing for AOS. I am a little bit confused so I hope someone could help me. So here they are:

1. I've already applied for a SS card but I still don't have it. Do I need a SS Number to file for the AOS? (in form I-485 they're asking for SSN).

2. In some of the instructions from other people, that I read in Internet they say that for the form I-485 the Number of Pages is 6 and the Size (in inches)is 8 1/2 by 33. Well but I downloaded this form I-485 from the official INS site and I printed it out on a letter format (8 1/2 by 11 inches) and the pages incl. instructions are 7 but not 6.
So do I have to choose a custom fomat to print this form or the letter format is good enough?

3.For the form G-325A they say that the 4 pages are in different color (white, green, pink, blue). Can I use just white paper or I have to print this form 4 times on colored sheets?

4. For the IRS form 9003 do I have to use yellow paper or white (letter format) is good enough?

Thank you in advance for your patience and response.
Old Aug 28th 2001, 2:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a ss # for the AOS. You can use the d/l forms from the INS site for the I-485. The forms were received revised and that might also have something to do with the different page numbers. You can use white paper for the G-325. Just be sure to include four copies with original signatures on all four sheets. Again, use white paper for the 9003.

Rita