Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AOS in NY/ DV2002 ?

AOS in NY/ DV2002 ?

Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:26 am
Just Joined

lisenok is an unknown quantity at this point
Question AOS in NY/ DV2002 ?

Hello everybody! I am a DV2002 winner and my case#16***.I am going thru AOS and I am still waiting my interview date(they have my case over 3 month), plus I did not make a fingerprints yet. Does anybody have the similar expiriense in NY INS? What is the timeframe for such cases? Is that true that finger prints can be done right there before the interview?
Thank you very much in advance
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 6:44 pm
Sylvia Ottemoeller

Default Re: AOS in NY/ DV2002 ?

"lisenok" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Hello everybody! I am a DV2002 winner and my case#16***.I am going thru AOS and I
    > am still waiting my interview date(they have my case over 3 month), plus I did not
    > make a fingerprints yet. Does anybody have the similar expiriense in NY INS? What
    > is the timeframe for such cases? Is that true that finger prints can be done right
    > there before the interview?

I have heard of several cases similar to yours in which the applicant lost his or her
chance to get permanent resident status through the DV program, because the I-485
interview was not scheduled and PR was not granted before September 30 of that year.
At that point, the file goes into the removal unit, and removal proceedings are
started. (Removal is the new term for deportation.)

You are getting dangerously close. It is time to get some help. You can try to get
your U.S. Congressperson to help you; call the *local* office and ask for a staff
person in charge of immigration inquiries. I would give the Congressperson's office
about a week, to see if they can make some headway. At that point, if nothing has
happened, I would hire a very good immigration attorney to pursue the case
agressively. In fact, you should simultaneously start the process of identifying a
very good attorney, and having an initial conversation with him or her.