Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview Outcome - Baltimore

AOS Interview Outcome - Baltimore

Old Apr 7th 2001, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

andysmith is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted a thread on the board around March 16th prior to my interview and am just following up since I had my interview on Wednesday April 4 in Baltimore.

Guy was nice, basically asked us where we worked, when we were married, we had a lot of stuff from the list they had provided, affadavits from friends, relatives and neighbours, along with bank statements, cancelled checks, credit cards, pictures and letters from both employers. He then said that the application was approved subject to completion of an I-864 for the affadavit of support. Now this had apparently not been filed, I showed him the list of things that were required from INS and the London embassy, but he said he needed that. My problem was that my EAD expired the day after and he was looking at another 3 months to process after my wife had filled the details in and got it notarized. This obviously was a problem since I would have been fired, lost health benefits etc because my company needed something to show I was legal. We asked what we could do and then he saaid well you can fill in the form and I can watch you sign it and then it will be fine.

My wife got the form and filled it in, he did his 2 remaining interviews and we came back around 4pm. He watched my wife sign the paperwork and gave my my passport with the stamp in it. One thing, the list of things that they wanted did not include 2 photo's, so I had to run out and get those, so even if you are not asked to bring 2 photo's, I would suggest you do so.

So overall, nearly a mild panic attack but things were fine. My timeline for those interested is as follows:

May 99 applied for K1-visa
September 99 visa obtained in London
October 99 arrived in US
Nov 99 married and applied for adjustment
Oct 200 fingerprinted
Apr 2001 interview and conditional green card

I am done for now, good luck to everyone!!

Andrew Smith