British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   AOS interview-do they keep pictures? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/aos-interview-do-they-keep-pictures-108929/)

scotsman-usa Jun 18th 2002 11:41 am

AOS interview-do they keep pictures?

Hi all,

Tomorrow morning is my husbands AOS interview in Arlington VA (we filed I-130 not thru K-1) and I was just reading some posts and someone said something about them keeping photos, do they do that to everyone? If so I want to make sure I take some that I have copies of. How many do they keep. Also we have several cards addressed to both of us (just inside the card) do they want copies of those or do we just take them along to show if asked? I know this is probably a silly question but do they care what you wear? My husband will be going to work afterwards and wears jeans and a t-shirt to work, do you think they care.... I think we are ready and should have nothing to worry about but until it is over I will worry!!

Timline so far:

Married 1/24/01
Mailed I-130, 485 etc on 2/8/01
got letter saying accepted and processing dated 2/24/01 (don't know what day received)
First EAD issued in April (can't find the paper at the moment)
fingerprints done twice (no explanation why) once 11/3/01 and again on 5/18/02
Adjustment of status interview 6/19/02 (much sooner than we expected!)

Sorry records not as complete as they should be, if I can find all the papers I will fill it in!

Thanks for any info you can give and keep your fingers crossed for us!
Thanks!

Rete Jun 18th 2002 1:02 pm

Re: AOS interview-do they keep pictures?

As long as his clothes are clean and he doesn't stink ;-), he will be fine wearing a tee-shirt and jeans. Although he might want to opt for a sport shirt in place of the tee-shirt. Just my opinion.

As for the photographs, yes, in most cases they will ask for two photographs that they can keep for your file. We scanned ours into the computer and then printed them out in color. We showed her the originals and indicated where in our binder the photographs were located. Just a full or at least partially full face shot for at least one of the two photos.

R

Andy Platt Jun 18th 2002 2:20 pm

Re: AOS interview-do they keep pictures?

My interview was at Arlington too. I just wore jeans, you don't need to dress
fancily! We took original photos but just gave them photocopies to keep and they were
fine with that.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "scotsman-usa"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Tomorrow morning is my husbands AOS interview in Arlington VA (we filed I-130 not
    > thru K-1) and I was just reading some posts and someone said something about them
    > keeping photos, do they do that to everyone? If so I want to make sure I take some
    > that I have copies of. How many do they keep. Also we have several cards addressed
    > to both of us (just inside the card) do they want copies of those or do we just
    > take them along to show if asked? I know this is probably a silly question but do
    > they care what you wear? My husband will be going to work afterwards and wears
    > jeans and a t-shirt to work, do you think they care.... I think we are ready and
    > should have nothing to worry about but until it is over I will worry!!
    >
    > Timline so far:
    >
    > Married 1/24/01 Mailed I-130, 485 etc on 2/8/01 got letter saying accepted and
    > processing dated 2/24/01 (don't know what day received) First EAD issued in April
    > (can't find the paper at the moment) fingerprints done twice (no explanation why)
    > once 11/3/01 and again on
    > 5/18/02 Adjustment of status interview 6/19/02 (much sooner than we expected!)
    >
    > Sorry records not as complete as they should be, if I can find all the papers I
    > will fill it in!
    >
    > Thanks for any info you can give and keep your fingers crossed for us! Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com