AOS & Fingerprinting [email protected]

Old Aug 1st 2001, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

timiny74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nicola has finally received her AOS and fingerprinting interviews today. She has to go to the Huntington Application Support Center (ASC) for the fingerprints.

The only odd thing is that both letters were sent on July 31, we received them today, the AOS interview is on Tuesday, August 7 @11:20AM and the fingerprinting can be done anytime between August 7 to August 11. Shouldn't the fingerprinting interview been done a month or two before the AOS interview? I fear that even if we went to the ASC @ 8:00AM on Tuesday there's no way that the results could get to the INS office before the interview.

The biggest bummer of all is that Nicola just went to the INS office today as she was scheduled for an EAD renewal appointment today! Can you believe that? They shouldn't have even bothered, she could have simply gone to the AOS interview on Tuesday and not wasted a trip. She did get fingerprinted at the EAD appointment, I wonder if that could be good enough and that she wouldn't have to go to the ASC? These fingerprints will have been taken only 6 days before her AOS interview.

Anyway, I've been looking on the K-1 FAQ since we filed for that and filed for the AOS back in Feburary of 2000. I was trying to look up Form 9003. Does anyone know what this is? The letter we received today only had 2 pages, the Interview date info and another page with the title cut off that contains a large list of items that should be brought to the interview.

This second page asks for affidavits from at least 3 people who have knowledge of our current marital status. The guidelines say that this and birth and marriage certificate must be notarized. We have official certified copies of the marriage certificate, would that be good enough? I think the birth certificate copy has a seal, too.
Does anyone know if these affidavits can come from family members or friends only?

This is a terribly short amount of time to get all of this done! Is it normal to receive the AOS interview letter 6 days before the actual interview???
Thanks!
Matt
Old Aug 1st 2001, 10:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If the INS goes with the old memo that they don't have to wait for the CIA clearance in order to approve the AOS, then she will get the stamp. If they don't, then she like so many others will have the interview and will receive a letter in the mail sometime in the future to come in and have the stamp affixed to her passport.

As for the bc and marriage certificate, you don't need notarized ones. Just bring good copies and your originals. You don't need three letters, that is basicially for the removal of conditions and not for the initial AOS interview.

You will be fine.

Rita