Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AOS and entering the DV lottery

AOS and entering the DV lottery

Old Oct 19th 2002, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

desusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS and entering the DV lottery

I am currently about 5 months into the wait for my AOS interview (K1 adjuster) and am expecting it to be long! (Nearly 2 years from others experiences at my INS office).
I'm wondering if there is any advantage to me winning (you never know when you're gonna get lucky!) a greencard in the DV lottery. Wouldn't this be better for me as it would be a greencard immediately (no conditions) and processed faster?
Am I allowed to enter the lottery even though I am already being processed for an adjustment of status? The DOS website says those 'registered for an immigrant visa in another catagory' are eligible. Warning, potential dumb question: Does 'registered' refer to my status as an adjusting K1 visa holder? On second thoughts, that is considered a non-immigrant visa isn't it?
Thanks for you help.