Reload this Page >

AOS- delay vs EAP&fingerprints

AOS- delay vs EAP&fingerprints

Old Mar 11th 2002, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Lera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS- delay vs EAP&fingerprints

Hello,

I applied for AOS in New York INS office in October 2001.
I'm still waiting Employment authorization and fingerprints appointment. Already 5 month is over(much more than 90 days). I heard from somebody, that in such types of delay in NY I could go to INS office with all my papers (Postal Service Delivery Confirmation Receipt, fee receipt which I receive from INS in November, and etc.) And possible they will schedule for me Employment Authorization and Fingerprints at the same day.
Is that true?

I already spoke with clerk by phone and he recommend me to fill one application, which we did with him by phone, and then he send it to the blocal INS office to check the status of my case. After that I was suppose to receive mail from INS during 4weeks. But this time is almost finished too.
BTW I did not change my address.

Should I go there in person? Or what should I do?

Thank you in advance for any respond and information.
Lera
Old Mar 13th 2002, 2:58 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS- delay vs EAP&fingerprints

You should take all the documentation you mentioned, postal receipt, cash register receipt that NYC INS issues after filing showing the forms you filed and the amounts paid, and copies of your applications to the 26 Federal Plaza office. Get there early in the morning and go to the third floor information desk. They will give you a paper and tell you what floor to go to for your EAD. It should and should is the operative word, be issued the same day as you go.

As for fingerprinting, for AOS NYC does not take fingerprints until a month or two before the AOS interview. Fingerprinting is NOT done at the Federal Plaza office. You will receive a letter telling when and where to report for fingerprinting. BTW the interview timeline on the average is 14-18 months after filing and can be as late as 21 months after filing.

Rete
Old Mar 15th 2002, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Lera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS- delay vs EAP&fingerprints

Thank you very much for your help