aos dallas

Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:32 pm
karl75002

Thumbs up aos dallas

i have my interview on monday the 30th august. could anyone offer advice. i am from yorkshire married to a us citizen thanks.

Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aos dallas

Originally Posted by karl75002
i have my interview on monday the 30th august. could anyone offer advice. i am from yorkshire married to a us citizen thanks.
Don't mention grassy knolls..
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:42 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Take everything document that you have, I.E marriage cert, passport, TX driving license if you have one, SS card, Kitchen sink.

If you have been working you will need to take your W2's, and proof that you have filed your taxes.

My spouse also came to the interview with me, it wasn't to bad at all, the interviewee was really nice.

Oh take a book or magazine, just in case your there a while!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:49 pm
karl75002

Originally Posted by Yosser
Take everything document that you have, I.E marriage cert, passport, TX driving license if you have one, SS card, Kitchen sink.

If you have been working you will need to take your W2's, and proof that you have filed your taxes.

My spouse also came to the interview with me, it wasn't to bad at all, the interviewee was really nice.

Oh take a book or magazine, just in case your there a while!
thanks for the help.

Old Aug 20th 2004, 9:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
If it was a marriage AOS .. that was a good move..
Old Aug 21st 2004, 9:30 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

It's a nasty place to do business. Hope you get through it quickly.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 11:00 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Did you enter the US on a K-1 prior to your marriage? If so, are you part of the new pilot program in Dallas? Or did you enter on a VWP from the UK, marry, remained and filed? Or did you enter on a K-1 prior to the new pilot program and have been in the long queue for adjustment?

The reason I ask is because your answer will determine just how much "proof" of validity of marriage you should have to bring with you and also the outcome of the interview itself.

If not part of the pilot program, then your interview is within a month or two of your marriage and the USCIS will understand your not having a great deal of physical proof of your marriage, i.e. rental leases, car particulars, credit cards, bank accounts, etc. You won't be given the approval the day of the interview as you will have to wait a number of days for security clearance and then will receive a letter in the mailing telling you to come in for your stamp.

If not part of the pilot program, bring everything and anything that proves your marriage. If you have waited over a year for an interview date, be sure to bring the current tax returns with you that were not included with the original affidavit of support. If your financial sponsor has changed employers bring a new letter of employment and as another poster suggested the W-2's or official IRS tax transcripts which can be ordered via the automated phone system and arrives in around 5 days after calling.

For both types of adjustment, you will be asked questions more likely than not about your spouse, how you met, have you met the in-laws, your spouse's birthday, etc.

You can check out how Dallas interviews did by going to:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html and scrolling down to Texas. These are posts of people's actual experiences/

Good Luck
Old Aug 21st 2004, 3:27 pm
karl75002

Originally Posted by Rete
Did you enter the US on a K-1 prior to your marriage? If so, are you part of the new pilot program in Dallas? Or did you enter on a VWP from the UK, marry, remained and filed? Or did you enter on a K-1 prior to the new pilot program and have been in the long queue for adjustment?

The reason I ask is because your answer will determine just how much "proof" of validity of marriage you should have to bring with you and also the outcome of the interview itself.

If not part of the pilot program, then your interview is within a month or two of your marriage and the USCIS will understand your not having a great deal of physical proof of your marriage, i.e. rental leases, car particulars, credit cards, bank accounts, etc. You won't be given the approval the day of the interview as you will have to wait a number of days for security clearance and then will receive a letter in the mailing telling you to come in for your stamp.

If not part of the pilot program, bring everything and anything that proves your marriage. If you have waited over a year for an interview date, be sure to bring the current tax returns with you that were not included with the original affidavit of support. If your financial sponsor has changed employers bring a new letter of employment and as another poster suggested the W-2's or official IRS tax transcripts which can be ordered via the automated phone system and arrives in around 5 days after calling.

For both types of adjustment, you will be asked questions more likely than not about your spouse, how you met, have you met the in-laws, your spouse's birthday, etc.

You can check out how Dallas interviews did by going to:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html and scrolling down to Texas. These are posts of people's actual experiences/

Good Luck
thanks for the reply. i came on the vwp and stayed me and my wife have been married 5 years. my attorney says i shold qualify for the fast track system thanks

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of

Karl, good luck with your interview. My husband (UK citizen) and I had his AOS interview in Dallas on August 12th (it was through the Pilot Rapid Processing Program). It was a fairly short, pleasant interview. Just make sure you have an abundance of data to support all your forms, I think we were over-prepared with stuff, but the lady seemed impressed every time she asked a question and I pulled out a file folder with documents that answered it. We brought:

wedding album,
letter from my employer saying I'd worked for the company since 1998,
my tax forms for the last 3 years,
a copy of all my pay stubs for the present year,
copy of our apartment lease agreement with both of our names on it,
copies of our bank accounts with both our names on it,
copy of a letter from my insurance company showing that my husband was now added to my health insurance,
two sets of the ADIT photos (one of each of us),
marriage license,
prior marriage divorce papers,
and basically anything else the forms asked for.

I had two large folders, one with all the original documents (like passports, birth certificates, my husbands police report from the UK, his vaccination record, etc...) and the other had photocopies of everything, which was what I provided to interviewer with.

Is your appointment at the Stemmons Freeway office? if so, it's a hard building to find, easily over-looked, it's small, grey, and on the northbound side of the I-35 access road, shortly after Motor St. Make sure you bring photo id, I couldn't believe people who showed up there with nothing, and got turned away
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:59 pm
karl75002

Originally Posted by Chessiet
Karl, good luck with your interview. My husband (UK citizen) and I had his AOS interview in Dallas on August 12th (it was through the Pilot Rapid Processing Program). It was a fairly short, pleasant interview. Just make sure you have an abundance of data to support all your forms, I think we were over-prepared with stuff, but the lady seemed impressed every time she asked a question and I pulled out a file folder with documents that answered it. We brought:

wedding album,
letter from my employer saying I'd worked for the company since 1998,
my tax forms for the last 3 years,
a copy of all my pay stubs for the present year,
copy of our apartment lease agreement with both of our names on it,
copies of our bank accounts with both our names on it,
copy of a letter from my insurance company showing that my husband was now added to my health insurance,
two sets of the ADIT photos (one of each of us),
marriage license,
prior marriage divorce papers,
and basically anything else the forms asked for.

I had two large folders, one with all the original documents (like passports, birth certificates, my husbands police report from the UK, his vaccination record, etc...) and the other had photocopies of everything, which was what I provided to interviewer with.

Is your appointment at the Stemmons Freeway office? if so, it's a hard building to find, easily over-looked, it's small, grey, and on the northbound side of the I-35 access road, shortly after Motor St. Make sure you bring photo id, I couldn't believe people who showed up there with nothing, and got turned away
thanks for the reply. did you have an attorney?

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:07 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

We had a lot of proof with us as well for my interview, which was just over a year after our marriage (K-1). The interviewer only asked to see two things, one of which was a beneficiary designation form. I think the other was a copy of our apartment lease.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of

thanks for the reply. did you have an attorney?
We had no attorney, we felt sort of left out. It seemed everyone else there had brought one

We didn't really feel we NEEDED one, due to everything being so straightforward for us. Here's a post I made the day of our interview, while my memory was still fresh:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248446