Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AOS Approved!!!!

AOS Approved!!!!

Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOS Approved!!!!

Fantastic news!!

Good luck for the packing -- I'm suffering from packing trauma right now, waking up at 4am screaming "Bubble Wrap!! I've run out of Bubble Wrap!!"
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Thanks.

Yep, one thing struck off the list. The rest should all be done by the end of week. Wow, I can actually notice the sun shining at last
It's really nice to read your good news, makes me for the both of you.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:29 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Vern
Fantastic news!!

Good luck for the packing -- I'm suffering from packing trauma right now, waking up at 4am screaming "Bubble Wrap!! I've run out of Bubble Wrap!!"
LOL

Yep, had some of those. Driving the Uhaul down the small road to this old house is gonna be fun though
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:31 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
It's really nice to read your good news, makes me for the both of you.
We both feel tremendous relief from today.

It's finally starting to come together and I'm glad we stuck it out
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:34 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

congrats things are finally falling into place,good luck with the move,don't get too stressed.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:40 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by clydegirl
congrats things are finally falling into place,good luck with the move,don't get too stressed.
Nah, we're both too excited at the moment
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:00 pm
You Are All Diseased

What a strange day

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=213
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:20 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Many congrats to ya rincewind!!!!!

Don't forget to let the USCIS know of your move...
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:27 pm
Perfumdiva1

Must be in the air

We got our green cards last Friday, yoo hoo (I think)....

PD1

Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:27 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
Many congrats to ya rincewind!!!!!

Don't forget to let the USCIS know of your move...
Thanks.

Yeah, we told the agent (a very nice lady who got a big hug from me) about the move and she took down the new address and promised that the GC would be mailed to the new house (fingers crossed ).

Last edited by rincewind; Jul 25th 2005 at 10:41 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:29 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Must be in the air

We got our green cards last Friday, yoo hoo (I think)....

PD1
Cooooooolllllllll!!!!!

I think they must finally be pumping the good stuff into the water supply
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:22 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear more good news for you, Rince...congrats!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 1:52 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one, Rince! It's all smooth sailing from there. Well, the immigration crap, at least. Small piece of advice - start keeping documents for the two year thing. I spent way too long searching high and low for 'evidence'. And don't e-file your taxes just yet. Still need paper everything...

BritGuyTN. It's not too late. I got mine taken care of two days before my interview. Just remember that they need a couple of days to process some of the tests. And if you had a BCG in the UK, you might as well line up a chest x-ray now.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:51 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Nice one, Rince! It's all smooth sailing from there. Well, the immigration crap, at least. Small piece of advice - start keeping documents for the two year thing. I spent way too long searching high and low for 'evidence'. And don't e-file your taxes just yet. Still need paper everything...
Yeah, she told us that there. We'll be filing joint taxes and we use a "local" woman for that and we get copies of everything. Plus copies of lease, joint insurance, bank statements, etc.

Although, when you e-file, you can still get copies and I may be using Turbo Tax for 2006. Not sure if I'm brave enough for that yet, lol. We'll see.

BritGuyTN. It's not too late. I got mine taken care of two days before my interview. Just remember that they need a couple of days to process some of the tests. And if you had a BCG in the UK, you might as well line up a chest x-ray now.
LOL. Agreed on that. I told them about the BCG but they still shot the test in my arm and then I went to the Imaging Centre for the X-Ray.

They don't care if you have been vaccinated or not, just go straight to the X-Ray.

I think the HIV test was the one I had to wait for.

Best of luck BritGuyTN, and take EVERYTHING you have ever gotten from immigration and POE. They asked me for stuff I had forgotten about but luckily had in my UCIS folder.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:50 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Best of luck BritGuyTN, and take EVERYTHING you have ever gotten from immigration and POE. They asked me for stuff I had forgotten about but luckily had in my UCIS folder.
Yeah, prepare to be recycled - a whole new you! My interviewer asked me (in 2003) for my IAP-66 from my 1991 J1 visa. After staring at him for a few seconds with a look of WTF on my face, I fished out my antepenultimate UK passport, opened it up, and there was a very scraggly looking pink sheet of paper. He pocketed it without looking at it, and promptly moved on to the next item of his agenda.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.