Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anything good about living in the USA??

Anything good about living in the USA??

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 2:44 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice
Default Re: Anything good about living in the USA??

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG we did that too!

Can't remember where though - all a bit hazy

But I do remember that I ripped my salopettes. The next day I bought one of those patch-thingies and sewed it on to cover the damage. I think the slogan on it was 'Have you had your oats today?'

Ah, memories!
I was trying to think of some sarcastic comment about getting or sowing your oats but couldn't ! LOL

The injuries my friends received from skiing were not alcohol induced thankfully, but one broke his foot when he slipped down the hotel steps on the 1st day (on his way to get his boots adjusted) and one of the others ended up being airlifted after crashing into a bunch of people and hitting a fence. at least I survuved unscathed !
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:28 pm

Fitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
I was trying to think of some sarcastic comment about getting or sowing your oats but couldn't ! LOL
But you heard it "straight from the horses mouth"
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:53 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fitz750
But you heard it "straight from the horses mouth"

My name ain't Camilla!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:04 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Africa, Australia and South America
I was born in Australia, so I have that one covered. I've also been to Gran Canaria, does that count as Africa, it's off the coast?!?!?!
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:08 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I was born in Australia, so I have that one covered. I've also been to Gran Canaria, does that count as Africa, it's off the coast?!?!?!
Sorry Australia doesn't count as you were born there and didn't travel there Gran Canaria is Spain in my book, unless they have lions and shit ( zoo's don't count)
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sorry Australia doesn't count as you were born there and didn't travel there Gran Canaria is Spain in my book, unless they have lions and shit ( zoo's don't count)
Tunisia is Africa and they just have Golf Courses and rugs
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:33 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Tunisia is Africa and they just have Golf Courses and rugs
Definitely a case of Moor is less
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

SGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Morning there ya go thought we'd have something in common and it's the good old Gluhwein, now that's something to do in Houston right, get hammered on that lovely stuff. Last night, pretty chilly here we had a frost and my husband and I warmed some del Gluhwein and sat out in the garden and drank it, hehe all wrapped up we were just like we'd be in Germany coz it's best drunk outside in the cold...hmm love it, we heated the hot tub and in we went..a great night I've just returned from Munich after my annual Xmas Market shopping trip and so brought some of the real McCoy back. So with that I'll say here's to a Merry Christmas and cheers p.s.anyone want to try some I found that HEB had some this yr with Made in Germany on it...so things are getting better
I envy you. I want to go back to Germany sooooooo bad.
So you have some real Gluhwein??? Mind if me and my wife come visit you??? LOL
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SGTROD
I envy you. I want to go back to Germany sooooooo bad.
So you have some real Gluhwein??? Mind if me and my wife come visit you??? LOL

You're welcome but don't leave it too long, only 2 bottles left
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

SGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really nice

You're welcome but don't leave it too long, only 2 bottles left

Well, you could always come to Georgia, its nice here.....it has to be better than Houston... LOL
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

:it has to be better than Houston... LOL
LOL you said it I like it...bye for now and really a Merry Christmas to you
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

LOL you said it I like it...bye for now and really a Merry Christmas to you

You too!!! I hope your Christmas is great.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

You too!!! I hope your Christmas is great.

Tks it's getting better