Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anything good about living in the USA??

Anything good about living in the USA??

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:36 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anything good about living in the USA??

Originally Posted by lionheart
Gold I think?? Can't remember why.
Her and my middle sister recently spent an afternoon making crank phone calls to freinds and family, they are 37 & 36 years old
Glad to see you are the more mature one in your family :scared:

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

SGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
yeah I met him Xmas Eve 1994, I loved Germany..Sachsenhausen was great ..plenty of english speakers..had many a fun night there but I'd stuggle to give you a single name of one of the bars
My wife and I always went to the "Irish Pub" and "Alabamas". By 1994, "Alabamas" had been renamed "the V-8"

Frankfurt at Christmas was awesome. Loved to go to the WeinachtsMarkt at the RomerPlatz. Loved getting hammered on Gluhwein.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:40 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SGTROD
lol pls don't make me laugh that statement has to be said from people that don't know them...they are some of the rudest loudest mouthed people I've ever met and I've met loads esp when I was a trolley dolly aka cart tart aka lol..hey thanks for making me laugh

These are your words trubrit.
yeah I've met them on the plane when they were paying punters and I've met them in the shops and listened to them so what's your point sir??
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

SGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yeah I've met them on the plane when they were paying punters and I've met them in the shops and listened to them so what's your point sir??
My point is that one moment you say that Americans are the rudest people you ever met, then the next moment you say that you have never had an American be rude to you. Could you please make up your mind.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:44 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see you are the more mature one in your family :scared:

Absolutely. They called my 18 year old niece who was hung-over. Told her that she was spotted vomiting in the street in the city center.
Told her that her alleged vomit had been taken to a police lab to be analysed so charges could be pressed - she had not really vomited, but they had her going for a while.
They also called my Mom's friend who bought some really expensive vacuum cleaner which got delivered without the accessories - she got so angry they had to hang up on her and are not claiming that one
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:45 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I met him Xmas Eve 1994, I loved Germany..Sachsenhausen was great ..plenty of english speakers..had many a fun night there but I'd stuggle to give you a single name of one of the bars

Sachsenhausen - Sauerkraut and Schweinshaxen. Not forgetting the Appelwein of course!

Those were the days...
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:46 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I always went to the "Irish Pub" and "Alabamas". By 1994, "Alabamas" had been renamed "the V-8"

Frankfurt at Christmas was awesome. Loved to go to the WeinachtsMarkt at the RomerPlatz. Loved getting hammered on Gluhwein.

I used to do a lot of my Christmas shopping there! For some reason I always had business in Frankfurt in december. And in Munich in February...
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:46 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

My point is that one moment you say that Americans are the rudest people you ever met, then the next moment you say that you have never had an American be rude to you. Could you please make up your mind.
OK...I guess I should be more precise and say I've heard not met the rude Americans..lol cross examination over...hey isn't it time for your Zoloft, think you're overdue....cheers
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira
Sachsenhausen - Sauerkraut and Schweinshaxen. Not forgetting the Appelwein of course!

Those were the days...
What did you do in Frankfurt?
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:47 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

OMG been there done that....

we still have a few of those glass cups...sadly only one has a picci of the plaza and Santa on it....awww now you are making me take a trip down memory lane...Houston does suck ...I wanna be in Frankfurt!!
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

I wanna be in Frankfurt!!

Me too. Loved the place. I'm getting all nostalgic now.
I have a bottle of gluhwein in my cupboard right now. I plan on warming it up on christmas eve and drinking it while wrapping the christmas presents. My kids are gonna think that santa's sleigh wrecked when they see the presents.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:52 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

OMG been there done that....

we still have a few of those glass cups...sadly only one has a picci of the plaza and Santa on it....awww now you are making me take a trip down memory lane...Houston does suck ...I wanna be in Frankfurt!!
I spent a night drinking in Frankfurt while on business too a couple of years ago. Have no idea which bars I went to either, but here are some pics of the main boozing area that might ring a bell with you lot?
Attached Thumbnails Anything good about living in the USA??-frankfurt.jpg   Anything good about living in the USA??-frankfurt2.jpg  
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:53 am
Back Again

What was the name of the two story Irish pub?..I got banned from that one...till I snuck back in
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
OK...I guess I should be more precise and say I've heard not met the rude Americans..lol cross examination over...hey isn't it time for your Zoloft, think you're overdue....cheers
Already took the Zoloft. Takes a bit to kick in. I really do hope that you find something enjoyable about the U.S.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:56 am
Back Again

Me too. Loved the place. I'm getting all nostalgic now.
I have a bottle of gluhwein in my cupboard right now. I plan on warming it up on christmas eve and drinking it while wrapping the christmas presents. My kids are gonna think that santa's sleigh wrecked when they see the presents.
haha I always get pissed while wrapping the pressies...I love it

besides the damage is more realistic,,,,the pressies did get bumped around in Santa's sleigh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.