Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anything good about living in the USA??

Anything good about living in the USA??

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:02 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anything good about living in the USA??

Americans just don't "get" piss-taking as an art form.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

SGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
Now tell me, how can we bring some of those differences here. You know, get the locals to adopt them?

I'm thinking of the kind of things that go on on these forums - healthy debate, piss-taking, filthy humo(u)r. Do you know what I mean?

Get some of your friends together and purchase a nice building and open up a real proper pub, with real proper English pints. Get the Americans in and break them in slowly. lol.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

SGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really niceSGTROD is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Americans just don't "get" piss-taking as an art form.
So true. We dont understand it. Well, I do, after years of abuse from the in-laws. lol
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:09 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SGTROD
So true. We dont understand it. Well, I do, after years of abuse from the in-laws. lol

And aren't you a happier and more relaxed person as a result?
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira
And aren't you a happier and more relaxed person as a result?
Well, I am now that I can get Zoloft on my prescription drug plan.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:16 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

, then it is no wonder that people treat you rudely.
Hi and nope, no one has treated me rudely infact they all love my 'accent' and are nice to me... it's purely observation when I'm out and doing the job I've done for the past 20 yrs made me makle my comment...I only say what I find and sorry if that upsets you hearing that but pls read other posts many find the same as me. Yeah, the truth hurts but then you Americans (I presume you are American) have broad shoulders....hmm my lovely hubby does...hehe bye and happy holidays as you say
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:18 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by izibear
I reiterate. Americans are known worldwide as being the most courteous, polite, non-confrontational, hospitable people on earth.

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:18 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am now that I can get Zoloft on my prescription drug plan.
I find my(American) MIL and even sometimes hubby quite humourless.....so I reckon it's me that needs the Zoloft

When my dad comes to visit he has me pissing my pants with his dry sense of humour....I'd forgotten I missed that
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:21 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
I find my(American) MIL and even sometimes hubby quite humourless.....so I reckon it's me that needs the Zoloft

When my dad comes to visit he has me pissing my pants with his dry sense of humour....I'd forgotten I missed that
My youngest sister has my sense of humor, anal sex and spray painting her arsehole was one of our recent conversations, my Mom goes nuts
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Hi and nope, no one has treated me rudely infact they all love my 'accent' and are nice to me... it's purely observation when I'm out and doing the job I've done for the past 20 yrs made me makle my comment...I only say what I find and sorry if that upsets you hearing that but pls read other posts many find the same as me. Yeah, the truth hurts but then you Americans (I presume you are American) have broad shoulders....hmm my lovely hubby does...hehe bye and happy holidays as you say
lol pls don't make me laugh that statement has to be said from people that don't know them...they are some of the rudest loudest mouthed people I've ever met and I've met loads esp when I was a trolley dolly aka cart tart aka lol..hey thanks for making me laugh

These are your words trubrit.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:24 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
My youngest sister has my sense of humor, anal sex and spray painting her arsehole was one of our recent conversations, my Mom goes nuts
what color??
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

lol pls don't make me laugh that statement has to be said from people that don't know them...they are some of the rudest loudest mouthed people I've ever met and I've met loads esp when I was a trolley dolly aka cart tart aka lol..hey thanks for making me laugh

These are your words trubrit.
Trubrit, could you please make two screen names....one for each personality.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:28 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

what color??
Gold I think?? Can't remember why.
Her and my middle sister recently spent an afternoon making crank phone calls to freinds and family, they are 37 & 36 years old
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Someone told me that you met your husband in Sachenhausen (frankfurt) Germany. I have many good memories of that place. Unfortunetly there are many nights that I dont remember as well. LOL.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:35 am
Back Again

Someone told me that you met your husband in Sachenhausen (frankfurt) Germany. I have many good memories of that place. Unfortunetly there are many nights that I dont remember as well. LOL.
yeah I met him Xmas Eve 1994, I loved Germany..Sachsenhausen was great ..plenty of english speakers..had many a fun night there but I'd stuggle to give you a single name of one of the bars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.