Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone wating for K1 approval from CSC ?

Anyone wating for K1 approval from CSC ?

Old Apr 11th 2002, 12:13 am
Just Joined

Dmitri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone wating for K1 approval from CSC ?

Slowly going insane here sent forms to CSC 2/25/02, NOA 1 lists case rec'd 3/1 and notice date 3/7/02 , processing to take 20-30 days.. As of 4/10 phone message doesn't change ... and one of JIT reports on the net lists 3/11 dated cases being processed as of 3/29 . Should i be really worried and attempt to contact my senator's office ? Also is there a way to fax an inquiry to CSC ?

Thanks !
Old Apr 11th 2002, 6:40 am
Jeff

Default Re: Anyone wating for K1 approval from CSC ?

I'd assume 30 business days (about 6 weeks) from 3/7/02, so you're getting close. If
you don't hear anything after that, contact your congressman's office. Not sure about
faxing the CSC. We were able to fax the consulate (Naples, Italy), but never tried
faxing the CSC.

Good Luck! Jeff

"Dmitri" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Slowly going insane here sent forms to CSC 2/25/02, NOA 1 lists case rec'd 3/1
    > and notice date 3/7/02 , processing to take 20-30 days.. As of
    > 4/10 phone message doesn't change ... and one of JIT reports on the net lists 3/11
    > dated cases being processed as of 3/29 . Should i be really worried and attempt
    > to contact my senator's office ? Also is there a way to fax an inquiry to CSC ?
    >
    > Thanks !
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 16th 2002, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Well, the phone message is still the same as of 4/16/02 ... I managed to get through to information officer a few days ago asn was told to fax an inquiry to 949- 389 3482, which i did. Still no change and i get the feeling that the case is lost somewhere, because the last 2 CSC time reports show that as of 3/29 they processed 3/11 dated cases and as of 4/12 it's up to 3/21.
Old Apr 17th 2002, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Got home and i wasn't even going to call again today, because i checked the message at 5 pm. But for some reason called CSC again and heard that we are approved as of 4/16/02.
Now the wait begins for Moscow Embassy to recieve the case. I didn't send the cabling fee but wrote " please cable upon approval" on i-129f .
Thanks to everyone who helped , it would be much more painfull without you !