Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in SEATTLE? EX PAT MEET UP 25 JAN

Anyone in SEATTLE? EX PAT MEET UP 25 JAN

Old Jan 17th 2007, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

morrris is just really nicemorrris is just really nicemorrris is just really nicemorrris is just really nicemorrris is just really nicemorrris is just really nicemorrris is just really nicemorrris is just really nice
Default Anyone in SEATTLE? EX PAT MEET UP 25 JAN

We are moving to Seattle next Monday - 23 Jan. Husband is English and I am South African. I was thinking we could do an expat meetup 25 Jan at the Pike Place Brewery at 7pm. Dave and I will sit there, somewhat sheepishly, with a UK and SA flag.

Maryse at davenmaryse dot com if you want to reply or discuss.

Morrris
Old Jan 17th 2007, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in SEATTLE? EX PAT MEET UP 25 JAN

Originally Posted by morrris
We are moving to Seattle next Monday - 23 Jan. Husband is English and I am South African. I was thinking we could do an expat meetup 25 Jan at the Pike Place Brewery at 7pm. Dave and I will sit there, somewhat sheepishly, with a UK and SA flag.

Morrris
You are a new and completely unknown poster and you think that others will accept your invitation?

Seems more like you're plugging this bar.....
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:04 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
You are a new and completely unknown poster and you think that others will accept your invitation?

What a charming welcome Toontje. If you read the post, there's really nothing to suggest that this newbie is "plugging the bar". In fact, it sounds like a rather genuine request to meet like-minded people in a new city. But don't let that stop the fine BE tradition of being an arsehole to new members.

However Morrris, Toontje's right that you're not likely to find anyone turning up because nobody here knows you. Weather unfriendly locals on these boards (hell, I'm a prime example, most of the time) for a few weeks and then try again, and you'll probably get a better response.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
What a charming welcome Toontje. If you read the post, there's really nothing to suggest that this newbie is "plugging the bar". In fact, it sounds like a rather genuine request to meet like-minded people in a new city. But don't let that stop the fine BE tradition of being an arsehole to new members.
Genuine or not, the fact remains that nobody here has ever heard of this Morris. Do you rush to meet every newbie in town?
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:21 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Genuine or not, the fact remains that nobody here has ever heard of this Morris. Do you rush to meet every newbie in town?
No I don't. I was pointing out that you were unnecessarily rude, that's all.

Apparently Austin hasn't done much for your friendliness.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dbj1000
No I don't. I was pointing out that you were unnecessarily rude, that's all.

Apparently Austin hasn't done much for your friendliness.
Yeah, and you are known for your friendliness?
Old Jan 19th 2007, 1:37 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morrris

Morrris
Welcome to the Site.

You can add your get together on our Meet-Up calendar. The upcoming dates for the month are displayed at the bottom of the main forum page and people can even arrange for the calendar to send them a reminder.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:47 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Plugging the bar? Considering the fact that it's an extremely successful micro-brewery that has been packed every time I've been (ok only twice) there. It's a very popular tourist spot and a locals hangout. I doubt that they're so desperate that they'll try to scrounge up any business here.