Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Scotland..???

Anyone from Scotland..???

Old Nov 27th 2010, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

alan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone from Scotland..???

Fae Aberdeen, now living in The Woodlands TX and commuting to work in Jakarta.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Syrsa2C is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone from Scotland..???

Hello therr....! See you have a Waterway running through the town and seven golf courses.. lucky spud! How did you manage to get there all the way from Aberdeen then zip back and forth to Jakarta??
Old Nov 28th 2010, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm
Lived in corstorphine hill gardens (round the corner from the zoo), years ago.
You moved from the Edinburgh area - here?
Old Nov 28th 2010, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Nix.. moved from Troon, Ayrshire to Kristinehamn, Sweden in 1974 ... moved here in 1992... Never lived in Edinburgh.. my brother lives there in the Corstophine district.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

alan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Syrsa2C
Hello therr....! See you have a Waterway running through the town and seven golf courses.. lucky spud! How did you manage to get there all the way from Aberdeen then zip back and forth to Jakarta??
Long long story, actually live on the waterway, yeah I can walk to most of the courses if I want (not in summer, to bloody hot lol).

Do any equal time rotation, so have six months away a year, been offered a new job back in the states, but having problems with getting a new Visa ahh.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:38 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by windsong
You moved from the Edinburgh area - here?
I moved around abit so I moved from Inverness to Miami to Charlotte, was born in Edinburgh.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alan280170
Long long story, actually live on the waterway, yeah I can walk to most of the courses if I want (not in summer, to bloody hot lol).

Do any equal time rotation, so have six months away a year, been offered a new job back in the states, but having problems with getting a new Visa ahh.
Yep, American visas can be hard to get nowadays. They've made it more difficult nowadays. Good luck on it! The company who offered you the job should be able to help on that though. What do you do that takes you to exotic places six months out of the year? Texas does get a bit hot in the summer. Dry heat, not like here, we have muggy and hot.. don't know what's worse actually.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Syrsa2C
Yep, American visas can be hard to get nowadays. They've made it more difficult nowadays. Good luck on it! The company who offered you the job should be able to help on that though. What do you do that takes you to exotic places six months out of the year? Texas does get a bit hot in the summer. Dry heat, not like here, we have muggy and hot.. don't know what's worse actually.
Yeah, the last Visa I had was with a very big well known Oil company, but the new job position is with a start up venture and money is tight, was going to cut a deal with them you do all the paperwork/finance and I'll pay it back, not ideal but in the long run should be excellent. The moral of the story is shoulda got the GC the last time, won't make that mistake again.

Houston, dry heat got to be kidding, humid and more humid.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

mandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nice

Im from Glasgow living upstate NY
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

ACelticgirl2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glaswegian living in NW Houston Texas
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

AmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud of

I live in Ayr and am moving to New Jersey at the end of the month!!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

velkyal is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from Uist, Benbecula in particular.

Been living in Virginia now for 18 months, after 10 years in Prague - a killer on the accent front, I sound like the BBC now, until I've had a few.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:57 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by velkyal
I'm from Uist, Benbecula in particular.

Been living in Virginia now for 18 months, after 10 years in Prague - a killer on the accent front, I sound like the BBC now, until I've had a few.

That's funny a former co-worker said she could always tell when I had talked to my fatehr as my accent was much stronger.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

velkyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine becomes a nightmare when I am talking with my brother, lives in Alness and married a lass from Dingwall.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:31 am
Just Joined

FlyingBadger is just really niceFlyingBadger is just really niceFlyingBadger is just really niceFlyingBadger is just really niceFlyingBadger is just really niceFlyingBadger is just really niceFlyingBadger is just really niceFlyingBadger is just really nice

In Edinburgh at the moment, about to move to Boston.

Although I was born here, I was brought up in Reading from the age of 1, so I have an English accent. Which confused the hell out of everyone in the US when I was travelling in my kilt a couple of years ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.