British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   anyone recently used Anglo pacific or FlareRate to move from surrey to bay area, CA? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/anyone-recently-used-anglo-pacific-flarerate-move-surrey-bay-area-ca-896564/)

S.Susan May 9th 2017 8:09 pm

anyone recently used Anglo pacific or FlareRate to move from surrey to bay area, CA?

Dear all:

I have checked with some international removal companies. Anglo pacific and FlateRate is in my final two . they both offer around 1000 pounds for 125cft by sea.

has anyone recently used them ? I have checked the review online but they both have mixed review.

so it is very hard for me to pick..

or if you know a better one, please let me know .

by the way, I only have clothes, books, 1 dinner table and 4 chairs , 1 cabinet . some kitchen items, and rest of my husband electronics junk!( I am still sulking with him about the fact he needs to bring them all the way to AMERICA!)

thanks

sarasota chic May 9th 2017 8:16 pm

Re: anyone recently used Anglo pacific or FlareRate to move from surrey to bay area,

We are using Pickfords International to move over to the USA we have around 400 cu ft and it's costing £2300 that includes 1 months free storage.

S.Susan May 9th 2017 8:21 pm

Re: anyone recently used Anglo pacific or FlareRate to move from surrey to bay area,

Originally Posted by sarasota chic (Post 12249015)
We are using Pickfords International to move over to the USA we have around 400 cu ft and it's costing £2300 that includes 1 months free storage.

have they done the packing yet ? are you happy with them so far ? thanks

sarasota chic May 9th 2017 8:29 pm

Yes we are very happy, the price includes packing for export went very smoothly.

S.Susan May 9th 2017 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by sarasota chic (Post 12249029)
Yes we are very happy, the price includes packing for export went very smoothly.

Great . I will ask for a quotation then :)

aless02 May 10th 2017 7:24 am

Originally Posted by sarasota chic (Post 12249015)

That's an amazing price! Does that include insurance?

roberth1970 May 11th 2017 3:24 pm

We used Anglo American in 2012 to move a smallish load from Surrey to the Bay Area.

The UK end of things went fine, great service. The load took AGES to get from the port (LA) to the Bay. More time than the rest of the process, I think it go stuck in customs. The whole think took several (3?) months from sending the stuff to it arriving.

However, everything was really well packed by Ango American - they did a stellar job in protecting our furniture and even built a custom crate for our TV (broadly a wast of time to bring it TBH, although we are still using it 5 years later).

S.Susan May 13th 2017 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by roberth1970 (Post 12250605)
We used Anglo American in 2012 to move a smallish load from Surrey to the Bay Area.

The UK end of things went fine, great service. The load took AGES to get from the port (LA) to the Bay. More time than the rest of the process, I think it go stuck in customs. The whole think took several (3?) months from sending the stuff to it arriving.

However, everything was really well packed by Ango American - they did a stellar job in protecting our furniture and even built a custom crate for our TV (broadly a wast of time to bring it TBH, although we are still using it 5 years later).

thanks a lot for your information.

S.Susan May 13th 2017 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by sarasota chic (Post 12249029)

sorry to ask you again . have you received the stuff yet . if yes, are they all in good condition?thanks