Reload this Page >

Anyone in Ohio?

Anyone in Ohio?

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

webby1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Ohio?

Hey everyone!

I'm new on here and just thought I'd post to introduce myself and also to see if there is anyone living in Ohio?
I've been offered a job based Columbus, Ohio and just wanted to find out if there are any other's living there. If so, what is it like? Does anybody have any advice about the area before I move?
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

marksandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Ohio?

Hi,

I work in Downtown Columbus but live 35 miles south....It's ok here, a little cold.... I'd rather be somewhere warm! Where are you going to work at?

Mark..

PS....Originally from the South Coast of England.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 6:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Right !! thats you two sorted ... anybody else??
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

webby1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I looked at the weather reports on the internet and it doe's look VERY cold there - 26 degrees at the moment apparently!?

I'm going to be working in Dublin, just on the west side of Columbus.
I'll be coming over on December 13th, although I'm only going to be in Columbus for a day before flying down to Florida, although I think I may have a day or two when I return to columbus on the 18th before flying back to England for Christmas.

I've heard that there is a good nightlife in Columbus with OSU being located there and all? Is this true? Where would be a good place to go out for the first few times?

Do you know of any good places to find accomodation? ideally flat sharing with a few others som that I can meet some new people?
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Right !! thats you two sorted ... anybody else??
Me, I guess. We're in Ohio, although nowhere near Columbus.

We ended up here because my husband's from here, and even though we'd both rather live a bit more southern (somewhere in the area between Winston-Salem, NC and Atlanta, GA) we figured it wouldn't be a good move to deprive the kidlet of both sets of grandparents in one bang.

So, we're in Ohio. It's a place to live I guess... We live in a small town with not much going on. It doesn't bother me yet because life is still a whirlwind after moving anyway. But I had to go to Akron a while back and just loved me a taste of city .

It's good to be around family and friends though, so not ready to move yet. It's an alright enough place to live, too... just nothing spectacular.

Elaine
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:08 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by webby1983
Hey everyone!

I'm new on here and just thought I'd post to introduce myself and also to see if there is anyone living in Ohio?
I've been offered a job based Columbus, Ohio and just wanted to find out if there are any other's living there. If so, what is it like? Does anybody have any advice about the area before I move?
Columbus is shit. All the locals can talk about is how great the Ohio State football team is and that is it. I was sent there to work for 5 months and could'nt wait to get back to Chicago.
Great nightlife because of OSU? I don't think so, most of the colage kids sit on their porches and drink all year round, little old for that but if your under 21 maybe you'll be into it.
You may enjoy it, the novelty of being in the US will make it seem exciting but I had been int he US for 2 years when they sent me there and was used to Chicago and all it had to offer.
One plus for Columbus is that is somewhat safe for a city of it's size.
Good luck!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:15 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webby1983
Hey everyone!

Do a web search and find some local online newspapers that cover the Columbus area. Read the stories and the classifieds to get a feel for the place.

You probably want to get info on the cost of living there so do a web search on renting an apartment, city and state taxes, etc.

NC Penguin