Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

For anyone near a Meijers Store.

Wikiposts

For anyone near a Meijers Store.

Old Sep 7th 2004, 2:57 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For anyone near a Meijers Store.

There's always the British Pantry in Tecumseh. I've never been there, but it comes highly recommended. Has anyone else paid it a visit?
Old Sep 7th 2004, 11:47 pm
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
Sarnia is next to Port huron.
you're thinking of Sault Ste marie, which is approx 60 miles north of the bridge.
You are right, Manc, I was mistaken. By the way, what was the name of that British store in Sarnia?

Re: British Pantry

I have heard it is quite small. If we happen to be in that general area, we might stop by, but we can find a good number of british food items around GR at various stores: Meijer, World Market, GB Russo & Sons, and DeReuze.

Where we would really like to visit someday is Jungle Jims.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:51 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thing1
You are right, Manc, I was mistaken. By the way, what was the name of that British store in Sarnia?
I dunno,
"Ye olde worlde British Shoppe" I imagine, or something like that. when heading back into the USA, you can see the shop on the left about 1 mile from the bridge.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thing1
Hi Ash,

We shop at the above mentioned Meijer as well and noticed the changes. ( I work in that general neighborhood)
Well if your ever in there and see someone standing infront of the british section drooling at the mouth that would be me ... Just kidding I am not that bad yet... nice to see them carrying more english goods though.

Ash
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:02 am
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I was in Meijers today and noticed they have expanded the british section (they have only done this between last Mon and today) anyhow they are now carrying... Paxo, Bisto beef, chicken and 'chip shop' curry granules, gravy powder, chunky kit kat, toffee crisp, milky bar, yorkie (they haven't changed their advertising so I am still boycotting them) areo, cadbury cocco powder, birds stawberry trifle, heinz leek and potato soup, salad cream (amused that they labelled it to say what it was) ribena and lucozade... there was other new stuff too but I can't remember.

Ash

are you seriously boycotting Yorkie because of their "It's not for girls" advertising?

I thought it was hilarious!

Good on Yorkee for not submitting to the PC crap.

End the Boycott!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chopper-Chris
are you seriously boycotting Yorkie because of their "It's not for girls" advertising?

End the Boycott!!!!
I thought they went a bit too far with it... I think they could have come up with something a bit better than that.

Ash
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:17 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

End the Boycott!!!!
biscuit and raisin is the best Chris, although I was a bit partial to the honeycomb one they brought out awhile ago.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:34 am
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

I thought they went a bit too far with it... I think they could have come up with something a bit better than that.

Ash
like what? I challenge you to better their 'it's not for girls" advertising
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

like what? I challenge you to better their 'it's not for girls" advertising
I never said I could... I said I think they could.

Ash
Old Oct 1st 2004, 4:13 pm
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
There's always the British Pantry in Tecumseh. I've never been there, but it comes highly recommended. Has anyone else paid it a visit?
We've been there...it's a nice little place. We got some black pudding for Paul...(can't stand the stuff myself). Also we got some Daddie's brown sauce.
As of last week at the Lake Lansing Meijer we had a whole bunch of different stuff as well..I bought Lucozade...although Paul said he's never been that fond of the stuff...it tasted sort of like Gatorade to me...my kids liked it though. Also bought some HP sauce...they had the fruity kind as well. they did have Ribena as well. I haven't been on this board in so long...

Anyway, nice to see all the Michiganders on here...

Carey
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 12:39 am
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Yes, I live near Meiers and they have an International section but it seems only at some. I have one just down the road and it doesn't have one, but one 20 minutes away does. Do you have a 'World Market' store near you? Lots of Brit chocolate - Crunchies, Maltesers, Double Deckers.

I was in Meijers today and noticed they have expanded the british section (they have only done this between last Mon and today) anyhow they are now carrying... Paxo, Bisto beef, chicken and 'chip shop' curry granules, gravy powder, chunky kit kat, toffee crisp, milky bar, yorkie (they haven't changed their advertising so I am still boycotting them) areo, cadbury cocco powder, birds stawberry trifle, heinz leek and potato soup, salad cream (amused that they labelled it to say what it was) ribena and lucozade... there was other new stuff too but I can't remember.

Ash
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Manc.....................I have been told there is a store near you called "Happy Chappy" that sells Brit food. Do u know of it at all? One of my work friends lives nearby there and she had not heard or seen it.
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:30 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Mad Max7
Manc.....................I have been told there is a store near you called "Happy Chappy" that sells Brit food. Do u know of it at all? One of my work friends lives nearby there and she had not heard or seen it.
Yeah mate.

My friend Robbo from Newcastle owns and runs it.

It's on Lakeshore Road in Manistee. sells a lot of british stuff, mainly chocolates but also has British Bacon (for a hefty price!!) and pork pies and other stuff.
He still can't import me Stella though!!
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for that, I will have to check it out at some point now I know where it is.

Anyone know why Mars bars seem to be hard to get in the US??
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:34 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Mad Max7
Many thanks for that, I will have to check it out at some point now I know where it is.

Anyone know why Mars bars seem to be hard to get in the US??
It's a milky way over here, but basically the same thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.