Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone Near Lubbock?

Anyone Near Lubbock?

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

smiler125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone Near Lubbock?

I have just been granted permanent residence in America, and will be moving to Lubbock in January.

Does anyone know what it's like there for Brits?

And an important question, where can I watch England football games?
I have checked some website and no local pubs are listed for football.
Has anyone checked out the Fox and Hounds in Lubbock, as I thought they might show English football

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Lubbock???!! As in Lubbock, Texas??

British pubs? British football - you're 'aving a laugh, aren't you?

If you can find:

A) Someone to understand your accent
B) Someone who DOESN'T think that Heinekin is British!

Then you are doing well.

West Texas is even more weird than East Texas where I am.

Don't get me wrong, both places are a great place to live but forget about bringing your Britishness and British 'needs' with you. Get used to baseball, American (football) and Texas barbecue!!!

Good luck,
Andy.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:20 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Near Lubbock?

Originally posted by smiler125
I have just been granted permanent residence in America, and will be moving to Lubbock in January.

Has anyone checked out the Fox and Hounds in Lubbock, as I thought they might show English football

Thanks
Lubbock is Waaaaaaaay out there my friend. I have just sent a shippment from my company to Lubbock Texas to some new apartments, we had an installer go out there, but he said its too far to go, 6-7 hour drive to the middle of no-where?
Why did you pick that city?
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:25 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Ya know... if you've had a few Lubbock might sound familiar to us Brits!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hope your a Buddy Holly fan, The Buddy Holly Center is there for your enjoyment ...
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by ray6
Hope your a Buddy Holly fan, The Buddy Holly Center is there for your enjoyment ...
Yeah, and that's all there is, nothing there boy, it is in the middle of nowhere.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:19 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by effi
Yeah, and that's all there is, nothing there boy, it is in the middle of nowhere.
You ignore them Smiler125 ...I have trawled through the net and found interesting things ..

Here you go :

Four City of Lubbock departments and the Keep Lubbock Beautiful committee have joined forces to establish a hotline for citizens to report illegal dumping. The new hotline number is 775-DUMP (775- 3867) and it is available 24/7 on a voice mail system.

Now... not everybody has that ...
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

I'm Moving to Lubbock because my wife's family have offered us free accomodation and use of a car.
Is that a good enough reason!!!!

I actually like Lubbock and think the people are great.

America here I come!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:32 pm
Ray

I'm Moving to Lubbock because my wife's family have offered us free accomodation and use of a car.
Is that a good enough reason!!!!

I actually like Lubbock and think the people are great.

America here I come!!!
Sorry Smiler125.. only joshing you a bit.. you will have a great life I am sure.. free accomodation and use of a car..will make you smile
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ray6
Sorry Smiler125.. only joshing you a bit.. you will have a great life I am sure.. free accomodation and use of a car..will make you smile
No one can upset me, I haven't stopped smiling since I got the Visa last week.
Moving to any part of America would be fine for me, especially after getting soaking wet in the U.K weather today