Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in NC??

Anyone in NC??

Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:23 am
Just Joined

bmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone in NC??

Great I hope it comes off, a get together would be great. Keep me posted!!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:37 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE! As my user name suggests, I live in NC, Durham in fact.

There's many Brits in the Triangle of different ages and backgrounds. Do you ever come to the Triangle?

Are you a vet? There's a good veterinarian training course at NC State. I know of US/UK couple who moved here so the wife (the American I think) could study that very course.

I support pet rescue, specifically pet rodent rescue.

PS: why are you planning to split your time in NC and FL? Why not in just a single state?

NC Penguin
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

bmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nicebmd1968 is just really nice

Well its a long story but my partner who is American has a son in NC so he has him every other week and the 11 hour drive back and forth with an increasing no of animals is proving very hard, glad to hear there are people around and I do go to the triangle yes. How did you end up in NC, have you been there long?
Paula
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No where near NC...but welcome to BE
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
We are? Oh, now you let on. Perhaps I wasn't to know.

Right, I'll remember that one, you...you.......
Hello cheeky ..............not that anything is organised yet, wishful thinking but don't you think that would be a good idea...........seems so many of us around the border vicinity?
Besides it would not be a party without you
You're in charge of British snacks and goodies.........seeing as you have that inside connection
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tbag
Hello cheeky ..............not that anything is organised yet, wishful thinking but don't you think that would be a good idea...........seems so many of us around the border vicinity?
Besides it would not be a party without you
You're in charge of British snacks and goodies.........seeing as you have that inside connection
Its a good idea. Maybe figure out who is within, say, 50 or 100 miles of a given location? Dunno, never organised one before. Maybe someone has.....
Why not try to find an English style pub, or a restaurant (curry?) to meet at?

Maybe we should start by finding out who/how many are in the "area". That map thingy of Ray's would be a good start.

Oh yeah, I lay on the twiglets and shiphams spread and 10 coach loads of white haired OAP's descend and scarf the lot. My stash, mine, mine.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Its a good idea. Maybe figure out who is within, say, 50 or 100 miles of a given location? Dunno, never organised one before. Maybe someone has.....
Why not try to find an English style pub, or a restaurant (curry?) to meet at?

Maybe we should start by finding out who/how many are in the "area". That map thingy of Ray's would be a good start.

Oh yeah, I lay on the twiglets and shiphams spread and 10 coach loads of white haired OAP's descend and scarf the lot. My stash, mine, mine.
I'm up for some of that
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:45 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I'm up for some of that
Ray will be glad to know you've come up for air!!!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Ray will be glad to know you've come up for air!!!
LOL Love you all, just a flying visit
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome Bob
So whats this inside connection you have Matt Even if I am over a hundred miles away I am still coming!
Paula
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:20 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bmd1968
Thanks for the welcome Bob
So whats this inside connection you have Matt Even if I am over a hundred miles away I am still coming!
Paula
I have no idea how to get something like this going, but will have a go if the interest is strong enough. Tbag is off radar for a short spell, so prob won't get really started until she returns......

Suppose to do something like this, you would need to know:
Who's interested
Where they're coming from (max dist)
A good place in the middle with something of interest (curry house, abbatoir, etc).
Date to set it.

I'm going to give it some more thought and may do a poll or something to get the ball rolling.

As far as the connection...........oh its nothing really, my folks used to run a Brit food store in CA, that's all.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:06 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bmd1968
Well its a long story but my partner who is American has a son in NC so he has him every other week and the 11 hour drive back and forth with an increasing no of animals is proving very hard, glad to hear there are people around and I do go to the triangle yes. How did you end up in NC, have you been there long?
Paula
I've been in NC for over 4.5 years now. Moved when my USC spouse got reassigned back to the States. He got offered an internal position in the Triangle. We came without having ever stepped foot in NC!

I have two pet rats, Stephen and Hugh. There's pix of them in my Photo Gallery if you're interested.

Doing the drive from FL to NC and back every other weekend's crazy. How long has that been going on? Pity you have to drive almost to VA to get to your partner's son.

Have he and you thought about relocating to NC?

NC Penguin
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:21 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site. Don't you just love those Carolina blue skies?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:32 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Welcome to the site. Don't you just love those Carolina blue skies?

Blue skies tomorrow, and 80 degrees F! Shorts back on.

Hello, I live in Columbia, SC - middle of the state, between Greenville and Charleston.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Blue skies tomorrow, and 80 degrees F! Shorts back on.

Hello, I live in Columbia, SC - middle of the state, between Greenville and Charleston.
Nice zoo in Columbia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.