Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Nashville TN ??

Anyone in Nashville TN ??

Old Jan 13th 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

lella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant future
Default Anyone in Nashville TN ??

Hi, just wondering if anyone is around Nashville TN. There are British sections in the supermarkets here so I am assuming there must be a demand, either that or a lot of Americans with a thing for HP sauce, ribena and Ready Brek.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

wiggy34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Nashville TN ??

Originally Posted by lella
Hi, just wondering if anyone is around Nashville TN. There are British sections in the supermarkets here so I am assuming there must be a demand, either that or a lot of Americans with a thing for HP sauce, ribena and Ready Brek.
I livein chattanooga come from liecester
there are a lot of chaps about so yep you can now find what you are looking for but it dos cost?????.
Hope to hear from you take care.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:25 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Hubby and I are Nashvillians (he's the Brit), though we live in Wilson County. I think there's a Tennessee thread on here somewhere too.

People still marvel at his accent so I don't think there are as many as you'd think around here. But we too enjoy the British section at Publix. Though he'd be much happier if he could find London Pride. Frugal's has a shelf tag for it but never seems to have it in when we pop by.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

lella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant futurelella has a brilliant future

It is good to know there are some of us around here, didn't think I was going to get any replies. Do either of you guys go to Brit meet ups over here? Oh and Tracy TN my husband is another big fan of London Pride so if I see any around I will let you know.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:35 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lella
It is good to know there are some of us around here, didn't think I was going to get any replies. Do either of you guys go to Brit meet ups over here? Oh and Tracy TN my husband is another big fan of London Pride so if I see any around I will let you know.
There is a local (Music City Expats) group who does things from time to time. Unfortunately we've never been able to make it to one of them. It just seems like they're either all clear out in Brentwood or on dates we can't make it.

Thanks for the London Pride thang too. The sucky American beers are killing hubby. LOL.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Harty M is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry the sucky American Beers are killing your husband !
Maybe you need to take a drive "all the way down" to Cool Springs, Franklin and visit Cool Springs Brewery ( check out the website) a British owned brewpub (Chris & Jane)
My wife is a member of the Nashville New Neighbors group and you are correct, a lot of activity/members are around Brentwood but they do have a number of Brits I have met at gatherings, it may be worthwhile you trying this out. Mike H
Old Mar 21st 2010, 11:13 am
Just Joined

ChasUK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Harty M
So sorry the sucky American Beers are killing your husband !
Maybe you need to take a drive "all the way down" to Cool Springs, Franklin and visit Cool Springs Brewery ( check out the website) a British owned brewpub (Chris & Jane)
My wife is a member of the Nashville New Neighbors group and you are correct, a lot of activity/members are around Brentwood but they do have a number of Brits I have met at gatherings, it may be worthwhile you trying this out. Mike H
I'm the hubby who is being killed. Cool Springs maybe "just down the road" in US terms, but it's a helluva long way to go for a tube of decent ale. The point being it would be nice to be able to pick up some decent beer, (and when I say beer I mean ale, not lager), at a local store. I couldn't get London Pride from Frugal's when we were there but I did pick up some Abbot Ale for Xmas and it slipped down easy as a tart's grundies at a sailor's convention.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 5:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChasUK
it slipped down easy as a tart's grundies at a sailor's convention.
See? I definitely got short changed in the Quaint-London-Speaking husband department with mine!

Hey, crazy thought, have you made friends with any of the liquor store dudes and asked them to special order something for you? It will depend on what is being distributed inTO the state, but you might get lucky. Especially if you request an American-made ale? Bridgeport, for example, bottles & distributes nationwide now (mmm IPA).

If all else fails, I found this guy for you:
http://eagleretail.com/
Your source for all your mobile home repair, fix-up, and remodel needs; and your center for wine making, and home brewing supplies.

(seriously, maybe these folks?)
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Actually Publix showed London Pride as "orderable" on their screens when we asked. They put in an order, we had 1 phone call back to confirm what we wanted and it never arrived, .. or if it did all the warehaouse staff drank it!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:18 am
Just Joined

asjwalsh is an unknown quantity at this point

If you get it post here, with the Nashville Publix address; whatever you leave behind I will be glad to buy!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by asjwalsh
If you get it post here, with the Nashville Publix address; whatever you leave behind I will be glad to buy!
Believe me. If they have London Pride in our local Publix then there isn't any going to be left behind!!

Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChasUK
Actually Publix showed London Pride as "orderable" on their screens when we asked. They put in an order, we had 1 phone call back to confirm what we wanted and it never arrived, .. or if it did all the warehaouse staff drank it!
Persistence, man! Try again?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Ok, I've just picked up on this thread so I don't know if this is of help or not by now. Also, I can't vouch for the place as I am still planning my visit there but it sounds promising.

http://www.leafandale.com/beerlist.php

That's the Knoxville store but there is one listed in Nashville too but I couldn't get their beer list to open up.

Please let me know if anyone has been to either of these places as I think they could provide a lifeline for me....