Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the music industry?

Anyone in the music industry?

Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

martin caine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in the music industry?

Hi I moved to Texas From England about 3 years ago.
I decided to build myself a couple of Fender strats and learn how to play them,I just wondered if anyone was also into writing music like me or even in the music industry?

I hope this passes the forum rules? unlike my last post
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in the music industry?

Originally Posted by martin caine
Hi I moved to Texas From England about 3 years ago.
I decided to build myself a couple of Fender strats and learn how to play them,I just wondered if anyone was also into writing music like me or even in the music industry?

I hope this passes the forum rules? unlike my last post
to BE.

Yes...this post passes the test.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Sultan of Swing has a musical bent.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Am i allowed to post a link to my y**tube video in this thread or do i have to attach it to my signature like the Sultan
As you can tell im a typical male who doesn't read the instructions before building the flat pack furniture
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Am i allowed to post a link to my y**tube video in this thread or do i have to attach it to my signature like the Sultan
As you can tell im a typical male who doesn't read the instructions before building the flat pack furniture
You may put a link in your signature but you cannot promote your biz ventures on the forums.

"Your signature can be used to promote your site, business, or other ventures as long as they relate to you personally,"

Please read the Site Rules.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 5th 2012 at 7:47 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks R lass
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks R lass
As you are a new member...the link in your signature will not show for a while.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:01 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I'm an avid songwriter, though I don't have much time to sit and write at the moment (8 month old boy! ).
I brought the majority of my music equipment across with me from the UK (guitars, mixer, mics and my audio interface). I've just managed to get a music room/office to have all of my stuff permanently set up so hoping to get a bit more writing in.

Regret not bringing my Orange AD15 across with me - it's currently sat in my Mum's house in the UK gathering dust. I replaced it over here with a Dr Z Maz 18 (fantastic amp btw) but would like to have them both here with me.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

I decided to build myself a couple of Fender strats
I'm pretty sure only Fender builds Fender Strats
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

yes they do usualy lol but mine sound better

I bought all the parts body,neck,pups 250k pots etc and customised them to my like
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bink
Yes. I'm an avid songwriter, though I don't have much time to sit and write at the moment (8 month old boy! ).
I brought the majority of my music equipment across with me from the UK (guitars, mixer, mics and my audio interface). I've just managed to get a music room/office to have all of my stuff permanently set up so hoping to get a bit more writing in.

Regret not bringing my Orange AD15 across with me - it's currently sat in my Mum's house in the UK gathering dust. I replaced it over here with a Dr Z Maz 18 (fantastic amp btw) but would like to have them both here with me.
I was just reading about that amp sounds pretty impresive!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:58 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

I was just reading about that amp sounds pretty impresive!
It's awesome - I love it. It's pretty dang loud though. I'm considering swapping it for a Maz 8 but I haven't been able to try one out in person yet (plus it's actually more money than the 18 as it has reverb built in and mine does not).
It's one of the most versatile amps I've ever played that still sounds great. It's clean and bluesy/rock tones are amazing. I do miss my AD15 sometime though - much darker amp with more gain on tap (also had an Orange Tiny Terror in the UK which had tons of gain on it - great for AC/DC etc).
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Sweet! Im just using a fender mustang 1V its loud enough It has a lot of options regarding the sound, I can dial in pretty much what i want
Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.