Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in Southern Wisconsin (Janesville, Madison)???

Anyone living in Southern Wisconsin (Janesville, Madison)???

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

janesvillesaint2112 has a spectacular aura aboutjanesvillesaint2112 has a spectacular aura aboutjanesvillesaint2112 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Anyone living in Southern Wisconsin (Janesville, Madison)???

Hi, i moved to Janesville, WI, last year from Southampton and eventually got married to a native, however i have had a hard time meeting people, mainly due to a lack of a job!! Im starting to crazy from boredom and lack of money and wondered if anyone else out there has had any similar problems or at the very least had any advice for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:52 am
Just Joined

samandnic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone living in Southern Wisconsin (Janesville, Madison)???

Hi!!!

Okay, so I'm not actually English but my husband is and it sounds like he's in the exact same boat. No green card or work authorization as of yet, and we haven't run into any other expats in our area. I had heard of a rugby league in Rockford and thought it would be a great way for him/us to meet people, and then I found out they decided to disband this year because everyone's got kids and jobs and real adult lives I guess...

We're actually in northern Illinois - a couple miles from the WI border, and about 45 mins from Janesville. Are you out of your mind with cabin fever yet?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

debrajulia1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janesvillesaint2112
Hi, i moved to Janesville, WI, last year from Southampton and eventually got married to a native, however i have had a hard time meeting people, mainly due to a lack of a job!! Im starting to crazy from boredom and lack of money and wondered if anyone else out there has had any similar problems or at the very least had any advice for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.
Hiya, well I've been to Janesville, not the most exciting of places! lol ..... oh and believe me girl I know about the boredom issue!!! I thought I was going stir crazy at one point. Now I'm working things are much better, but I've had four years of boredom hell!!! My family and I moved here in 2004, whilst at the beginning it was very exciting, once the kids got into school it soon became a reality that I'd be bored out of my brain!!! lol .... It would be great to meet up one weekend, have you ever travelled to Rockford IL? I live in Byron which is about 15 miles from Rockford .... let me know! Take care!

Debra
x
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

dzial67 is an unknown quantity at this point

We're hoping to move to Madison at the end of the year. Would love to hear from you and learn about your experience of living there.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:41 am
Just Joined

janesvillesaint2112 has a spectacular aura aboutjanesvillesaint2112 has a spectacular aura aboutjanesvillesaint2112 has a spectacular aura about

I started this thread just over a year ago and then proceeded to lose my login information during a computer crash. I've finally got back on here and see that i actually got some replies!! First off I'm a guy! lol. My name is Nick, I have been here in Janesville ( America's armpit) for 2 years now and since my last post I have a full time job, a permanent resident card and hopefully soon a drivers license! If anyone out there who replied to my initial post still frequents this forum hit me back up, it would be great to hang out with some Brits again!