Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in the Portage/Kalamazoo Michigan Area?

Anyone living in the Portage/Kalamazoo Michigan Area?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Pearly has a spectacular aura aboutPearly has a spectacular aura aboutPearly has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone living in the Portage/Kalamazoo Michigan Area?

Hi, I relocated to Portage Michigan with my husband three months ago. I am currently awaiting my work permit so have plenty of free time on my hands, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to track down some fellow expats in the area. We are both interested in meeting people in and around the area and also to find out how other people have found relocating to the US.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:39 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone living in the Portage/Kalamazoo Michigan Area?

Originally Posted by Pearly
Hi, I relocated to Portage Michigan with my husband three months ago. I am currently awaiting my work permit so have plenty of free time on my hands, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to track down some fellow expats in the area. We are both interested in meeting people in and around the area and also to find out how other people have found relocating to the US.

Hi Pearly - welcome to BE

I'm in Kalamazoo, and have been here for 10 years.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Pearly has a spectacular aura aboutPearly has a spectacular aura aboutPearly has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mozoo
Hi Pearly - welcome to BE

I'm in Kalamazoo, and have been here for 10 years.
Hi, thanks for the welcome!

I assume your used to snow after 10 years? What brought you to Michigan?
We think its a really beautiful place and can't wait for the summer to arrive.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:50 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for the welcome!

I assume your used to snow after 10 years? What brought you to Michigan?
We think its a really beautiful place and can't wait for the summer to arrive.

to the snow comment ... have never got used to it!

My most skilled and talented USC hubby wooed me with Spanish words of love and I was smitten!

Where did you relocate from?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

to the snow comment ... have never got used to it!

My most skilled and talented USC hubby wooed me with Spanish words of love and I was smitten!

Where did you relocate from?
We relocated from Milton Keynes with my husbands work who transferred him from their UK division.
They say Milton Keynes is similar to the US, but I would say not true....no roundabouts here...
Where did you move from?
Do you go back home much?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:49 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Hi Pearly,

It was good to meet you and Russell on Friday night. Mozoo will probably be able to guess where we met - it's where we met her too! .

We are long overdue a meetup witht Mozoo. When my travel schedule calms down perhaps we can all meet up for dinner/drinks.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Hi Pearly,

It was good to meet you and Russell on Friday night. Mozoo will probably be able to guess where we met - it's where we met her too! .

We are long overdue a meetup witht Mozoo. When my travel schedule calms down perhaps we can all meet up for dinner/drinks.
Hi Schnorbitz (where does that name come from?),

It was good to meet you too, and shows what a small world it really is!!
Dinner and drinks sometime sounds really good. Russell Cell has broken so his number wont work. Ill email his new number to you.

So when do you think your schedule will calm down? Maybe we can all get together at the place with (almost) good bangers and mash....It would be good to meet mozoo too.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:20 pm
medusas peligrosas

We relocated from Milton Keynes with my husbands work who transferred him from their UK division.
They say Milton Keynes is similar to the US, but I would say not true....no roundabouts here...
Where did you move from?
Do you go back home much?
I'm from Reading, and I do manage to go back at least once a year.

Hi Pearly,

Hey G - we were in Allegan on Friday night and were debating whether or not to go to Aries for a quick drink ... didn't happen ... shoulda woulda coulda eh?

Dinner and drinks sometime sounds really good. Russell Cell has broken so his number wont work. Ill email his new number to you.

So when do you think your schedule will calm down? Maybe we can all get together at the place with (almost) good bangers and mash....It would be good to meet mozoo too.
Sounds good. Hope it's soon!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:12 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Schnorbitz - long story, goes back to my school days!

I'm traveling for the next 3 - 4 weeks, mid March things calm down a bit. Hopefully that will work out with you guys.

Hey G - we were in Allegan on Friday night and were debating whether or not to go to Aries for a quick drink ... didn't happen ... shoulda woulda coulda eh?
Yeah you should have swung by. Hopefully soon!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:45 pm
medusas peligrosas

I'm traveling for the next 3 - 4 weeks, mid March things calm down a bit. Hopefully that will work out with you guys.

Safe travels
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Safe travels
March time sounds good to us, it will be nice for us all to get together.
See you both then (:
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:19 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Schnorbitz (where does that name come from?)
Bernie Winters dog [a Saint Bernard],

I live in Grand Haven, not too far from K'zoo. You definately need to visit this place in the summer.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Michelmas
Bernie Winters dog [a Saint Bernard],

I live in Grand Haven, not too far from K'zoo. You definately need to visit this place in the summer.
Hi Michelmas,

Nice to hear from you! I've heard Grand Haven is lovely, what places can you recommend us to visit while we are there?

What brought you to Michigan?

Once we do finalise a date for meeting up, it would be nice if you could make it to.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:43 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pearly.
Grand Haven is a great plce to do most things, but it depends what you like and want to do when you are here. Let me know what sort of things you like and I'll make some recomendations.

I came over nearly 6 years ago for the woman who is now my wife. I came over on an employment visa and after living together for a while to try things out, we decided to get married.
When you have something sorted out, I would love to meet up with a few other brits as would my wife.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

IanSchofield is just really niceIanSchofield is just really niceIanSchofield is just really niceIanSchofield is just really niceIanSchofield is just really niceIanSchofield is just really niceIanSchofield is just really niceIanSchofield is just really nice
Smile Re: Anyone living in the Portage/Kalamazoo Michigan Area?

Hiya,
I live in Portage and work in kalamazoo.

Have been in the US for 11 years. Lived in Lansing all that time.
Just moved to Portage in december so still a newbie here.
Originally from London and Worthing (near brighton) back home.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.