Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in or near King Of Prussia P.A

Anyone living in or near King Of Prussia P.A

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

KOPchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone living in or near King Of Prussia P.A

hi I am planning to follow hubby out to live in King Of Prussia...he goes shortly..we plan to follow later on this year. Would love to hear from anyone in this area. thanks.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone living in or near King Of Prussia P.A

Originally Posted by KOPchick
hi I am planning to follow hubby out to live in King Of Prussia...he goes shortly..we plan to follow later on this year. Would love to hear from anyone in this area. thanks.
Well ain't that strange .... when I deliver to Lebanon, Hershey, Hanover etc I always stop at a service area for grub and a kip .... My GPS alwasy say's 'King Of Prussia, PA'...... So I sometimes pass through
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

I had never heard of it too!! Doesn't sound like a real place and I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it!!

Really looking forward to coming to live in the U.S...once we get through all the visa paperwork and the red tape ahhhhhhhh!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:55 pm
joycey

joyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud of

I hope you like shopping! You'll be near one of the biggest Shopping Malls on the East coast. Traffic can be horrendous too. My husband is working there today, travelling from West Chester (about 4 miles from KOP) it will take him up to an hour to get home.

I think you and the family will enjoy it in the short term, it's a very central area for sightseeing - you can get to lots of beautiful places and some great cities. The weather is fab during Spring and Summer (make sure you rent somewhere with a community pool). Put it this way, we have been here 2.5 years, have really enjoyed ourselves, but are really looking forward to moving to San Francisco in June....

Let me know if you have any questions - can't help much with the schooling, can you do A Levels 'online?' these days?

Joyce
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:44 am
Just Joined

tracy.b is an unknown quantity at this point

My british husband and I live about 40 minutes from King of Prussia, near Lancaster, PA. He's from Sheffield originally and moved over here in November. We're looking for other british friends and would love to meet any other expats in this area.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:23 am
Just Joined

[F][/FONT]

Hi there...my other half finally got his visa and is heading out this weekend.
We have never done anything like this before and it's so overwhelming...and exciting too!

We are coming over in four weeks for a very quick visit just to look at schools for my daughter. Then we are all hoping to be together in King Of Prussia by July. We are both British...I'm actually from Windsor in Berkshire.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

tracy.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi KOP-Chick, best of luck with your trip over here. If you feel like talking to any other brits who know what adjusting to life in the states can be like, let us know- my husband and I would enjoy being in touch. And good luck with the paperwork- it really can feel like a minefield
Cheers-
Tracy
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Cuddly Duddly is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife (Pa Dutch)and I ( Londoner) live just south of Pottsville and sometimes go shopping in King of Prussia and also in Harrisburg and Lebanon. If anyone who reads this and who lives in a radius of, say, 50 miles of beautiful downtown Pottsville, give me an e.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

FlynSail is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

I have lived in the US for almost 7 years and currently live in Bucks County, PA which is pretty close to King of Prussia and Princeton, NJ which is where I work. Originally, I'm from Dartmouth, Devon and then lived in London for many years. This is my first post on this site! I am always looking to meet fellow Brits and if I can answer any questions for Brits that are new to the USA, I'd be more than happy to. I am married with a son and another one on the way in August! Looking forward to communicating with anyone that would like to chat!

Last edited by FlynSail; Apr 24th 2008 at 7:17 pm.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

marcelle38 is an unknown quantity at this point

I considered moving outof orlando to either up north or the uk. how is your commute?
Originally Posted by FlynSail
Hi everyone!

I have lived in the US for almost 7 years and currently live in Bucks County, PA which is pretty close to King of Prussia and Princeton, NJ which is where I work. Originally, I'm from Dartmouth, Devon and then lived in London for many years. This is my first post on this site! I am always looking to meet fellow Brits and if I can answer any questions for Brits that are new to the USA, I'd be more than happy to. I am married with a son and another one on the way in August! Looking forward to communicating with anyone that would like to chat!
Old May 7th 2008, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

jo_march is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from Leeds, then Glasgow, now in Newark, Delaware. Dela "where"? It's a few miles south of K of P. I've been here 20 years now. If you like walking, we are very active with the Wilmington Trail Club and the outings often take us into Chester County. It's a great way to meet people and learn your way around.

You are in the right place for the schools - the ones in PA are better funded than in DE.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

philostine is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been in US and Bucks Counbty for 5 years, my wife always want's to go to K.O.P. . . i would prefer to be stuck on the M25 in a traffic jam

Phil

Ex Surrey/Middx.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

kaz1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I actually live in collegeville been here 5 years now - its about 15mins from KP
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Cuddly Duddly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KOPchick
Hello, KOP chick. Did you ever get to KOP? If so, are you enjoying it or have you moved on to greener pastures? I've lived in Pa near Pottsville for nearly 20 years and quite like it. Formerly from North London so I find the Pennsylvania Dutch a bit slow, despite being married to a rather clever one. We are about 50 ins from KOP, if I blast down I-78 in an Easterly direction. My daughter loves the Apple store but my wallet doesn't!