Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone live near or in Atlanta?

Anyone live near or in Atlanta?

Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone live near or in Atlanta?

Job transfer may be happening......what's the scoop on Atlanta? Anyone?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone live near or in Atlanta?

Wouldnt have thought dinner ladies were so much in demand that you would be head hunted or transferred across country
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Wouldnt have thought dinner ladies were so much in demand that you would be head hunted or transferred across country
They heard I was a champion in cooking with lard.....and they're practically begging me to come.....sigh.

Either that or I wanted to be a bit closer to you.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmerLisa

Apart from the awful traffic I like Atlanta.

Where are you moving from?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Seattle (well not Seattle proper - but close enough) The traffic here is pretty awful as well - but the weather and the scenery are pretty good. Never lived in the South before, with exception to one year in Texas... Anyway, how are the property prices? Schools? I'm not sure exactly where the office is, its just the faintest of rumours, but thought I'd get the worrying in early.....
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Seattle (well not Seattle proper - but close enough) The traffic here is pretty awful as well - but the weather and the scenery are pretty good. Never lived in the South before, with exception to one year in Texas... Anyway, how are the property prices? Schools? I'm not sure exactly where the office is, its just the faintest of rumours, but thought I'd get the worrying in early.....
I remember one of my husband's partners transferring to Atlanta several years ago. They love it and so do the kids. They love the climate...the cost of living and property is so much cheaper than NJ.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Well Im sure a few others on here from the Atlanta area will be able to give you way more advice than I can. I have only been in Atlanta permanently for about 6 months.

However, my husband and I did just buy a house about 6 weeks ago. Property prices here are quite good actually, infact I think they are very reasonable. BUT it does depend what area you are looking at moving to. Anywhere near downtown is gonna cost you a lot of $$$.

If you are OK with really bad traffic then you will easily find a nice house, nice size, reasonably priced with good local schools in surrounding areas.

Try and find out where the new office will be. Im pretty sure people will be able to point you in the right direction once they know what area you will be working in. We dont want to be sending you to a dodgy area now do we
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl
Well Im sure a few others on here from the Atlanta area will be able to give you way more advice than I can. I have only been in Atlanta permanently for about 6 months.

However, my husband and I did just buy a house about 6 weeks ago. Property prices here are quite good actually, infact I think they are very reasonable. BUT it does depend what area you are looking at moving to. Anywhere near downtown is gonna cost you a lot of $$$.

If you are OK with really bad traffic then you will easily find a nice house, nice size, reasonably priced with good local schools in surrounding areas.

Try and find out where the new office will be. Im pretty sure people will be able to point you in the right direction once they know what area you will be working in. We dont want to be sending you to a dodgy area now do we
Well I just had a little look see at Coldwell Banker's website (Atlanta) the house prices are pretty amazing - for what you get.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:40 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Its full of Southerners......apparently.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:40 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just had a little look see at Coldwell Banker's website (Atlanta) the house prices are pretty amazing - for what you get.
try www.realtor.com as well.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

And their taxes aren't half bad - we know people who are moving up there due to the tax situation down here.

Half of S.Africa who moved here lives up there - know bunches of them and they love it.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
And their taxes aren't half bad - we know people who are moving up there due to the tax situation down here.

Half of S.Africa who moved here lives up there - know bunches of them and they love it.
South Africa, eh?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

[quote=TouristTrap;4590484]And their taxes aren't half bad - we know people who are moving up there due to the tax situation down here.
quote]

Yep, taxes here aint too bad. But again, it all depends where you move to. They vary a lot from county to county.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:19 am
Just Joined

BamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really nice

i live about a 3 hours car ride from Atlanta, The climates much the same as it is here in B'ham , AL. Which means 75% of the year its bloody hot, 80F +. Like most have said the property prices are good. If you still going through the WP , GC whole immigration thing , then its real handy to be right there in the ATL because thats where i had to go for all of that. Traffic sucks but from what ive seen of it, its a real nice city. Theres also a British pub there in the underground. I cant remeber the name of it though.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

They heard I was a champion in cooking with lard.....and they're practically begging me to come.....sigh.

Either that or I wanted to be a bit closer to you.
And Atlanta is only 2 days away from him

I spend a fair bit of time in Atlanta, it is the home base for my truck. .... Well Fayettvile actually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.