Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in hoboken or nearby

Anyone live in hoboken or nearby

Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

iwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud of
Default Anyone live in hoboken or nearby

Hi, I am relatively new to this site and just thought I would introduce myself and see if there are any other expats in my neighbourhood. I am 31 years old and have lived here with my husband for nearly 5 years now. We are expecting our first baby at the end Feb beg of March. we do plan on going back to the UK in maybe a year or so but to be honest we have been saying this for about 2 years now!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:50 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live in hoboken or nearby

Originally Posted by iwantone
Hi, I am relatively new to this site and just thought I would introduce myself and see if there are any other expats in my neighbourhood. I am 31 years old and have lived here with my husband for nearly 5 years now. We are expecting our first baby at the end Feb beg of March. we do plan on going back to the UK in maybe a year or so but to be honest we have been saying this for about 2 years now!!

Hello and welcome to BE

Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:55 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

I believe Hayley82 is in Hoboken. The Mrs and I lived there for a year (on Bloomfield between 2nd & 3rd) but we moved out to the Jersey burbs in August 04. I really liked Hoboken (except for the lack of parking) and I carried on playing in the Hoboken adult soccer league (at "Frank Sinatra Field") well after we left.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

iwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elfman
Welcome to BE.

I believe Hayley82 is in Hoboken. The Mrs and I lived there for a year (on Bloomfield between 2nd & 3rd) but we moved out to the Jersey burbs in August 04. I really liked Hoboken (except for the lack of parking) and I carried on playing in the Hoboken adult soccer league (at "Frank Sinatra Field") well after we left.
Yes, the parking situation is a nightmare, we dealt with it for a while until our car got towed away by the police by accident!! We now pay for parking in our building.

How do you like the burbs? We have thought about trying it a few times but in the end figured it just isn't worth it seeing as we're not going to be here long term. We did live in Princeton for the first 5 months that we were in the US as my husband's office was there at first, lovely place but a bit too quiet for us at that time.

I am definitely missing home at this time of year, we did our christmas trip in October so this will be our first christmas spent in the US & I don't know quite what to expect!!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 4:41 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

How do you like the burbs?
Pretty good, really. We live about 30 miles west of New York (in Morris County) and my wife's commute to Lower Manhattan (before our daughter came along) was about 1hr 30 mins door to door (my commute is about 20 mins). At the weekend we can be in the city in an hour, in other directions we can be in unspoilt state parks and so on in much less. Out here we were able to buy a 2-bed house in a historic neighbourhood (it's fairly small and basically has no garden but the surroundings partially make up for that), whereas even in Hoboken we would have struggled to buy anything reasonable.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

And I think there's a couple of people who live out there...or there abouts at least.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:06 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by elfman
Welcome to BE.

How funny, I'm a block away from where you were! My fiance plays footy down on Sinatra, you might have met each other!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:09 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I'm here in Hoboken with my fiance. Been here since June 04. There are lots of expats here, most of my friends are from UK!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hayley82
Hi, I'm here in Hoboken with my fiance. Been here since June 04. There are lots of expats here, most of my friends are from UK!
Yes, we have known quite a lot of british ex pats in our time, only thing is we somehow manage to out stay most of them!!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:28 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!