Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:11 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 53
WVDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

I know you can buy blackpudding online from various online retailers, but does anyone know if there's any place in Washington DC area or even WV that sell blackpudding?

Also I know there is a mexican blood sausage that is supposedly similar to black pudding, has anyone tried this?
WVDreamer is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:40 am
  #2  
MODERATOR
 
penguinsix's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong, mostly.
Posts: 5,105
penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Originally Posted by WVDreamer View Post
I know you can buy blackpudding online from various online retailers, but does anyone know if there's any place in Washington DC area or even WV that sell blackpudding?
Have you tried Wegmans? There is one near Dulles and a few other places in suburban DC I think. Someone said you can get them to order it if they don't have it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9252055
penguinsix is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:14 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 53
WVDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post
Have you tried Wegmans? There is one near Dulles and a few other places in suburban DC I think. Someone said you can get them to order it if they don't have it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9252055
Thanks for the help, may have to take a trip and see if they have any.
WVDreamer is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:09 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
 
VickyMcMonkey's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: St.Louis. MO. USA
Posts: 5
VickyMcMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Originally Posted by WVDreamer View Post
I know you can buy blackpudding online from various online retailers, but does anyone know if there's any place in Washington DC area or even WV that sell blackpudding?

Also I know there is a mexican blood sausage that is supposedly similar to black pudding, has anyone tried this?

I have no idea where you could purchase black-pudding from in your area, but I have to say that seeing this question made me choose this forum.

Thanks! I hope you get your fix.
VickyMcMonkey is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:51 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 18
HotCoffee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Originally Posted by VickyMcMonkey View Post
I have no idea where you could purchase black-pudding from in your area, but I have to say that seeing this question made me choose this forum.

Thanks! I hope you get your fix.
I'm afraid I can't help either, but the question did put a smile on my face. I've never eaten it, and am happy to say I never will, but appreciate the Northern British quirkiness of it
HotCoffee is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:24 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 53
WVDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Originally Posted by HotCoffee View Post
I'm afraid I can't help either, but the question did put a smile on my face. I've never eaten it, and am happy to say I never will, but appreciate the Northern British quirkiness of it
My wife orders it online for me at Christmas but she doesn't like it either. I am pretty sure if I hadn't have told her how it was made she wouldn't have a issue with it really

On the positive side I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago and managed to score some 'Branston Pickle'. It is now one of my prized possessions and I am rationing it to make it last throughout the winter
WVDreamer is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:28 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
 
VickyMcMonkey's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: St.Louis. MO. USA
Posts: 5
VickyMcMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Originally Posted by WVDreamer View Post
My wife orders it online for me at Christmas but she doesn't like it either. I am pretty sure if I hadn't have told her how it was made she wouldn't have a issue with it really

On the positive side I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago and managed to score some 'Branston Pickle'. It is now one of my prized possessions and I am rationing it to make it last throughout the winter
I lurve black-pudding and Branston pickle, especially with cheese and ham. Yum. There's a really good international store here in St.Louis. Some of the things they stock went out of trend about 20 years ago, but it's fun perusing the aisles to see what Blighty fair they have.

Enjoy!
VickyMcMonkey is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.