Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

WVDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

I know you can buy blackpudding online from various online retailers, but does anyone know if there's any place in Washington DC area or even WV that sell blackpudding?

Also I know there is a mexican blood sausage that is supposedly similar to black pudding, has anyone tried this?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:40 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Originally Posted by WVDreamer
I know you can buy blackpudding online from various online retailers, but does anyone know if there's any place in Washington DC area or even WV that sell blackpudding?
Have you tried Wegmans? There is one near Dulles and a few other places in suburban DC I think. Someone said you can get them to order it if they don't have it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9252055
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Anyone know where to buy blackpudding around the Washington DC area?

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Have you tried Wegmans? There is one near Dulles and a few other places in suburban DC I think. Someone said you can get them to order it if they don't have it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9252055
Thanks for the help, may have to take a trip and see if they have any.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

VickyMcMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Also I know there is a mexican blood sausage that is supposedly similar to black pudding, has anyone tried this?

I have no idea where you could purchase black-pudding from in your area, but I have to say that seeing this question made me choose this forum.

Thanks! I hope you get your fix.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

HotCoffee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by VickyMcMonkey
I have no idea where you could purchase black-pudding from in your area, but I have to say that seeing this question made me choose this forum.

Thanks! I hope you get your fix.
I'm afraid I can't help either, but the question did put a smile on my face. I've never eaten it, and am happy to say I never will, but appreciate the Northern British quirkiness of it
Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HotCoffee
I'm afraid I can't help either, but the question did put a smile on my face. I've never eaten it, and am happy to say I never will, but appreciate the Northern British quirkiness of it
My wife orders it online for me at Christmas but she doesn't like it either. I am pretty sure if I hadn't have told her how it was made she wouldn't have a issue with it really

On the positive side I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago and managed to score some 'Branston Pickle'. It is now one of my prized possessions and I am rationing it to make it last throughout the winter
Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

VickyMcMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife orders it online for me at Christmas but she doesn't like it either. I am pretty sure if I hadn't have told her how it was made she wouldn't have a issue with it really

On the positive side I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago and managed to score some 'Branston Pickle'. It is now one of my prized possessions and I am rationing it to make it last throughout the winter
I lurve black-pudding and Branston pickle, especially with cheese and ham. Yum. There's a really good international store here in St.Louis. Some of the things they stock went out of trend about 20 years ago, but it's fun perusing the aisles to see what Blighty fair they have.

Enjoy!