Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone know a website where you can watch BBC Channel 4?

Anyone know a website where you can watch BBC Channel 4?

Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Manx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to all
Default Anyone know a website where you can watch BBC Channel 4?

I just tried to watch a Channel 4 programme from tonight or last night (Dispatches) but the website told me it was not available in my area (USA I guess). Does anyone know a website where you can watch BBC Channel 4 programmes?
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:40 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know a website where you can watch BBC Channel 4?

Search this forum for the word 'VPN' and you'll find dozens of threads like this one:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=vpn

Easiest way really. You can also goto Vuze.com for example and do some research on 'torrents' but a VPN (and the BBC iPlayer) is really the easier way.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:50 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manx
I just tried to watch a Channel 4 programme from tonight or last night (Dispatches) but the website told me it was not available in my area (USA I guess). Does anyone know a website where you can watch BBC Channel 4 programmes?
Picked this one up on another forum yesterday, sees reliable at the moment ... http://fbhost-tv.fr/uk-player/

The long term option appears to be a VPN type thing as penguinsix said.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Manx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to allManx is a name known to all

thanks!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 3:26 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Picked this one up on another forum yesterday, sees reliable at the moment ... http://fbhost-tv.fr/uk-player/

The long term option appears to be a VPN type thing as penguinsix said.
Have you tried it yourself?
Old Oct 19th 2010, 10:36 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Have you tried it yourself?
Certainly have, I was watching The Dam Busters on BBC2

(edit) Takes a look at Channel 4, sees Russell Brand, switches off
Old Oct 19th 2010, 10:51 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Certainly have, I was watching The Dam Busters on BBC2

(edit) Takes a look at Channel 4, sees Russell Brand, switches off
So it's a smart site then.
I'll give that one a go I miss my shows since filmon seems to have dropped all the UK channels.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Hi again,
I got FBhost to work but I can't figure out if you can watch stuff from the day before. Can you only watch whatever is streaming live on fbhost?
Old Oct 20th 2010, 1:28 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Manx
Hi again,
I got FBhost to work but I can't figure out if you can watch stuff from the day before. Can you only watch whatever is streaming live on fbhost?
Just the live streams unfortunately.

(edit) Ah, here was the original post, thanks go to the OP ... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689953

Last edited by DeadVim; Oct 20th 2010 at 1:32 am.