Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone know how to resize a moving avator?

Wikiposts

Anyone know how to resize a moving avator?

Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone know how to resize a moving avator?

Originally Posted by Bob
that website that I put a link up to in the other avatar thread, it can do it...

http://www.gifworks.com/
thx for your help so far,but i need more help,im just a brickie,lol.How do i turn a Jpeg into a gif?????????????and how do i make it small enuff to fit on here,65x65,thx for any replys
Old Apr 10th 2005, 6:11 am
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

A gif is a set of images played one after the other. So if you want to make a gif of say 10 images then you will need 10 jpegs. You then run your software package that makes gifs insert your 10 images and resize to the desired pixel size.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 6:31 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chukka
thx for your help so far,but i need more help,im just a brickie,lol.How do i turn a Jpeg into a gif?????????????and how do i make it small enuff to fit on here,65x65,thx for any replys

Adobe ImgaeReady/Photoshop 7
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:05 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Right click on image (your jpeg)
choose edit
will open up in paint
go to file - save as
choose gif
hit save
done

Or get this
http://www.irfanview.com/

It will also resize things for you.
It's free and completly free of adware and all that shite.
been using it myself for years.

Last edited by tony_2003; Apr 10th 2005 at 3:08 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:12 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vegas
A gif is a set of images played one after the other. So if you want to make a gif of say 10 images then you will need 10 jpegs. You then run your software package that makes gifs insert your 10 images and resize to the desired pixel size.
A GIF is an image file format just as JPEG is -- it is *not* a video format. You can convert between the two formats easily enough, but I haven't sorted out how to make a moving avatar.... I can think of one way to do it but it's not pretty and would depend upon you linking to a server.

I'll have a look about and see.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:17 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Here are three, but they are only going to make an avatar in which you already have the images available (though I would imagine they might allow you to edit all of the images in an existing avatar, resize them, and bundle them back together:

http://birdie.pixeliced.net/animators.php
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Right click on image (your jpeg)
choose edit
will open up in paint
go to file - save as
choose gif
hit save
done

Or get this
http://www.irfanview.com/

It will also resize things for you.
It's free and completly free of adware and all that shite.
been using it myself for years.
thx for your reply,ive now changed it to a gif,woooooohoooooooooo,easy when you know how,now im trying to resize it,lol,more help needed.Be sure to contact me for any general building stuff
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

thx for your reply,ive now changed it to a gif,woooooohoooooooooo,easy when you know how,now im trying to resize it,lol,more help needed.Be sure to contact me for any general building stuff
wooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo,ive done it.I bet ure all glad ive done it now?????????????????????????????
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:57 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
A GIF is an image file format just as JPEG is -- it is *not* a video format. You can convert between the two formats easily enough, but I haven't sorted out how to make a moving avatar.... I can think of one way to do it but it's not pretty and would depend upon you linking to a server.

I'll have a look about and see.
The original question was

Re: Anyone know how to resize a moving avator

what you have suggested will not make a animated avatar
Old Apr 11th 2005, 1:41 am
Consistently Inconsistent

Hammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the rough

Well it's a bit smaller than I would like but hey, I got it resized! Thanks once again to everyone for the suggestions and advice. Much appreciated
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hammo
Well it's a bit smaller than I would like but hey, I got it resized! Thanks once again to everyone for the suggestions and advice. Much appreciated
thats wot all ure women say too,hehe
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:04 am
Consistently Inconsistent

Hammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the roughHammo is a jewel in the rough

thats wot all ure women say too,hehe
Hey don't destroy my reputation before it's even had a chance to get established! Anyway all the experts say it's quality not quantity what counts!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Errr...did anyone actually bother with that gif works site cos it does the image converting, resizing and all that, and it's free online based...
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
Errr...did anyone actually bother with that gif works site cos it does the image converting, resizing and all that, and it's free online based...
i had a little fiddle,changed some to fit but now i have one i want i cant remember how to do it,dontcha hate getting old?,lol
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

i had a little fiddle,changed some to fit but now i have one i want i cant remember how to do it,dontcha hate getting old?,lol
my memory sux,when i have a gif image n try to upload it,it says it too large,but when i go to attributes in paint,it just chops off some of the image,not just make it smaller,pls help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.