Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone know how I can get BBC Local Radio on my iPhone?

Anyone know how I can get BBC Local Radio on my iPhone?

Old Nov 27th 2010, 2:21 pm
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know how I can get BBC Local Radio on my iPhone?

So I can listen to the footie on a Saturday?
Old Nov 27th 2010, 3:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know how I can get BBC Local Radio on my iPhone?

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger View Post
So I can listen to the footie on a Saturday?
Hi,

Someone on Twitter suggested you try an App called TuneIn
Old Nov 27th 2010, 3:20 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Yeah Tunein is pretty good, I listen to BBC Radio Leeds on it.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 4:59 pm
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy View Post
Yeah Tunein is pretty good, I listen to BBC Radio Leeds on it.
Have you listened to Leeds United on there? I have tried to listen to Radio Humberside for commentary for Hull City games on my PC and it cuts out as the game is about to start because it recognises that I'm not in the UK from my IP Address.

Does that happen with Tunein?
Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger View Post
Have you listened to Leeds United on there? I have tried to listen to Radio Humberside for commentary for Hull City games on my PC and it cuts out as the game is about to start because it recognises that I'm not in the UK from my IP Address.

Does that happen with Tunein?
Give it a go? If not, you'll have to use a VPN...and there are loads of threads on VPN's and most of the good ones will have a iphone app
Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Alan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond repute

I use ooTunes to get Radio Scotland. Radio Leeds is listed as one they support (along with 29000 or so others).