Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

anyone know about process of AOS

anyone know about process of AOS

Old Aug 14th 2002, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

syedraza70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone know about process of AOS

i always heared about the initiall process but never heared that what happens next i want to know if someone knows that first you file AOS then you get conditional green card for two years then you file to remove the condition on marriage and get the green card then whats happened after how long an applicant becomes citizen?
i mean as far as i know about the process is as follows but after then what happens i dont know:

AOS filling
Interview CGC granted
Permanent green card

after then what happens?
Old Aug 14th 2002, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: anyone know about process of AOS

Originally posted by syedraza70:
i always heared about the initiall process but never heared that what happens next i want to know if someone knows that first you file AOS then you get conditional green card for two years then you file to remove the condition on marriage and get the green card then whats happened after how long an applicant becomes citizen?
i mean as far as i know about the process is as follows but after then what happens i dont know:

AOS filling
Interview CGC granted
Permanent green card

after then what happens?
Once you have the Permanent green card you have to apply for citizenship, 3 months before you are eligible. If your spouce is a USC then you are eligible after 3 years of holding a green card, (from the date of issue of the conditional gren card) If your spouce is a LPR then the time is 5 years
Old Aug 14th 2002, 1:52 pm
L D Jones

syedraza70 wrote:
    > i always heared about the initiall process but never heared that what happens next
    > i want to know if someone knows that first you file AOS then you get conditional
    > green card for two years then you file to remove the condition on marriage and get
    > the green card then whats happened after how long an applicant becomes citizen? i
    > mean as far as i know about the process is as follows but after then what happens i
    > dont know:
    > AOS filling Interview CGC granted Permanent green card
    > after then what happens?

If one wishes to become a US citizen read the INS guide to naturalization

http://www.ins.gov/graphi-
cs/services/natz/index.htm

Old Aug 14th 2002, 2:18 pm
Joachim Feise

simon bland wrote:
    > Originally posted by syedraza70:
    >>i always heared about the initiall process but never heared that what happens next
    >>i want to know if someone knows that first you file AOS then you get conditional
    >>green card for two years then you file to remove the condition on marriage and get
    >>the green card then whats happened after how long an applicant becomes citizen? i
    >>mean as far as i know about the process is as follows but after then what happens i
    >>dont know:
    >>AOS filling Interview CGC granted Permanent green card
    >>after then what happens?
    > Once you have the Permanent green card you have to apply for citizenship

You don't have to, you can. You can also elect to remain a Permanent Resident for the
rest of your life, or you can decide to live somewhere else and give up the GC. It is
up to you.