Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone invited for N-400 Interview lately?

Wikiposts

Anyone invited for N-400 Interview lately?

Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:52 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Default Anyone invited for N-400 Interview lately?

I have heard that people in the Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC area have gotten interview dates.
I have not heard anything myself, but there seems to be hope...
The USCIS posted interview timeline for SC has moved recently,
if not only from August 2004 to December 2004...
Anyone in SC that can tell me their experience? Thanks!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone invited for N-400 Interview lately?

Originally Posted by Petra
I have heard that people in the Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC area have gotten interview dates.
Look up NC penguin postings ..she did her's in Charlotte very recently
Old Mar 13th 2006, 10:52 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ray
Look up NC penguin postings ..she did her's in Charlotte very recently
Yes, I read that, that was very exciting news!
But... Charlotte is in NORTH Carolina and they have different timelines.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 1:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I read that, that was very exciting news!
But... Charlotte is in NORTH Carolina and they have different timelines.
South .. North.. What do I know....
Old Mar 14th 2006, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

We submitted the N-400 in January 2006 - NOA Dated Jan. 27th

Fingerprints Feb. 10th.

Interview Scheduled April 3.

The website currently shows that Indianapolis is working on N-400's with an NOA date of October, 2005.

Wish us luck!
Old Mar 14th 2006, 11:37 am
Mrs. Yank

Originally Posted by jeninifer
Fingerprints Feb. 10th.
The website currently shows that Indianapolis is working on N-400's with an NOA date of October, 2005.
Wish us luck!
Sure, the both of us wish you lots of luck,
even though you filed more than half a year later then I did
(we filed July 4th, 2005) and you already have an interview scheduled!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

Sure, the both of us wish you lots of luck,
even though you filed more than half a year later then I did
(we filed July 4th, 2005) and you already have an interview scheduled!
I only filed about 6 months after you did.

... in CIS time, 6 months is only like a day or two.

;o)

You can always make an InfoPass appt. to ask what's up.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

samal1485 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you tell when did you get a notice for the interview? Right after the fingerprints?
Thanks,

Samal

Fingerprints Feb. 10th.

Wish us luck!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by samal1485
Could you tell when did you get a notice for the interview? Right after the fingerprints?
Thanks,

Samal
We got it maybe, 4 or 5 weeks after doing the fingerprints.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Girona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant future

We got it maybe, 4 or 5 weeks after doing the fingerprints.
Can you tell me how much notice you got of the interview date. We are planning a trip overseas and am hoping notification doesn't come while we are away and I miss it. If they give you at least two weeks notice of the interview date, then I'll be okay.

Thanks.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Girona40
Can you tell me how much notice you got of the interview date. We are planning a trip overseas and am hoping notification doesn't come while we are away and I miss it. If they give you at least two weeks notice of the interview date, then I'll be okay.

Thanks.
We got the notification about 4 (maybe 5) weeks prior to the interview date.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 2:10 am
Mrs. Yank

The NOA we received was dated 2/28/2006 but for some reason, didn't arrive until 3/17/2006 giving me only a week till the interview!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Girona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the reply - that means we can go visit family without having to worry about the interview being scheduled while we are away.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 2:19 am
Mrs. Yank

Originally Posted by Girona40
Thanks.
Our posts must have crossed *S*
I assume you are traveling for pleasure...
If you can avoid it, why schedule things so closely?
See what happened in my case!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Our posts must have crossed *S*
I assume you are traveling for pleasure...
If you can avoid it, why schedule things so closely?
See what happened in my case!
My parents are getting on in years and are not in the best of health. I have spent the past 4 years here waiting for various USCIS actions and I can't keep putting this visit off. We had hoped to all go together, as a family,but that isn't even possible.

My son will remain at home and if anything comes in the mail he can notify me. If the worst happens, and the interview is scheduled while I am away, I can always come back early. I am hoping, though, that they give me at least a couple of weeks notice when the time comes.