Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone has experience bringing pet from Perth to the US?

Anyone has experience bringing pet from Perth to the US?

Old May 6th 2010, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

jayceebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone has experience bringing pet from Perth to the US?

I've read the many threads on bringing pets from country to country, but I was curious if anyone had experience with Perth and the US in particular?

We're travelling in June, and I read on the Delta website that they don't allow pets as check in during that time. We got quoted $2300 by a pet relocation but that is just so expensive. Is there a cheaper alternative?
Old May 6th 2010, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone has experience bringing pet from Perth to the US?

Originally Posted by jayceebee
We got quoted $2300 by a pet relocation but that is just so expensive.
You've read the posts - go with what others have done. Otherwise, you not only do a disservice to your pet, you risk his health/life.

So, what's the alternative? Leave the pet behind after finding someone else to care for him. Personally, I wouldn't even consider that option... so I'd pony up the $$.

Ian
Old May 6th 2010, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You've read the posts - go with what others have done. Otherwise, you not only do a disservice to your pet, you risk his health/life.

So, what's the alternative? Leave the pet behind after finding someone else to care for him. Personally, I wouldn't even consider that option... so I'd pony up the $$.

Ian
Thank you for your helpful answer
Old May 9th 2010, 4:19 am
Just Joined

wombats is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your pet small enough to fly in the cabin? If so, that could be an option. I flew with my cat from the UK to the USA and he was in a carrier underneath the seat in front of me. No problem.

Airlines don't let pets fly in the cargo hold in the summer months or at high temperatures because of the risks.
Old May 9th 2010, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombats
I flew with my cat from the UK to the USA and he was in a carrier underneath the seat in front of me. No problem.
... except for everyone in the cabin who had severe allergies to cats. That probably didn't even cross your mind, though.

Ian
Old May 9th 2010, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

... except for everyone in the cabin who had severe allergies to cats. That probably didn't even cross your mind, though.

Ian
I'm sure the airline can work it out, or they wouldn't allow it.
Old May 9th 2010, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jayceebee
I'm sure the airline can work it out, or they wouldn't allow it.
They allow it all the time! Been there... done that... and got he damn t-shirt. I guess that was really all my fault though, because in not anticipating the uncaring nature of others, my inhaler was in my carry-on bag checked plane-side prior to boarding. Who knew there'd be a cat under my seat!

Ian
Old May 9th 2010, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

wombats is an unknown quantity at this point

They allow it all the time! Been there... done that... and got he damn t-shirt. I guess that was really all my fault though, because in not anticipating the uncaring nature of others, my inhaler was in my carry-on bag checked plane-side prior to boarding. Who knew there'd be a cat under my seat!

Ian
I'm sorry that you had a rough time. The airlines really should let other passengers know that a cat will be on board. I did ask the people around my seat if they had an allergy to cats, and I was prepared to be moved to another part of the plane if necessary. Taking my cat in the hold wasn't an option because of the high temperature at my destination.