Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone got a pool/billiard table?

Anyone got a pool/billiard table?

Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:20 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone got a pool/billiard table?

Just got my basement finished and need to get it kitted out with the obligatory pool table. Looking for a 7 footer without having to re-mortgage. Any recommendations regarding manufacturers, construction, etc, particularly in CO?
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got a pool/billiard table?

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Just got my basement finished and need to get it kitted out with the obligatory pool table. Looking for a 7 footer without having to re-mortgage. Any recommendations regarding manufacturers, construction, etc, particularly in CO?

Sears is pretty good - but watch how they price it as it comes in sections each sold seperately. And cough up for them to build it - its just not worth trying to do yourself!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a real nice one that will last for years you can't go too far wrong with an Olhausen. Not cheap though. There website does have some general table and room info though if you want to get an idea of different constructions and things.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:28 pm
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice

I dopnt know if they have theses stores near you but rec warehouse has some beautiful tables. Wait until they have a sale and you might get one for about $800. Its a lot but they are top quality tables.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thackattack
I dopnt know if they have theses stores near you but rec warehouse has some beautiful tables. Wait until they have a sale and you might get one for about $800. Its a lot but they are top quality tables.

$800 isnt alot for a pool table - i would say thats par for the course - at the cheap end even!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:54 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thackattack
$800 or $8000? The one I have been looking at is $2299, delivered and setup and I thought that was a good deal!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

$800 or $8000? The one I have been looking at is $2299, delivered and setup and I thought that was a good deal!
$2299 for a poxy pool table FFS!!! Some people have more money than sense. Think of all the beer you could buy with that money and come to your senses.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by rushman
$2299 for a poxy pool table FFS!!! Some people have more money than sense. Think of all the beer you could buy with that money and come to your senses.
You'd be surprised. An acquaintance of mine laid down 15k for one that he had especially made up about 7 years ago.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 6:38 pm
C'mon you Dragons

You don't want a game then? Plus if I drink my beer at home at a cost of $0.75 a beer, with the average beer price in the boozer being $4.00, on a 10 beer session my table will be paid for in less than 2 months

I've just had three heavy days in Vegas - my beer drinking is now officially on the decline. Part self-enforced, mainly SWMBO-enforced after she discovered how much money I spent
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:23 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

You don't want a game then? Plus if I drink my beer at home at a cost of $0.75 a beer, with the average beer price in the boozer being $4.00, on a 10 beer session my table will be paid for in less than 2 months

I've just had three heavy days in Vegas - my beer drinking is now officially on the decline. Part self-enforced, mainly SWMBO-enforced after she discovered how much money I spent
Have you tried these people says they will match or beat any price.

http://www.aurorabilliards.com/billiards/
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:48 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Originally Posted by britontour
Have you tried these people says they will match or beat any price.

http://www.aurorabilliards.com/billiards/
That's where I was looking last night. The price started at $2499 and within a nano-second of mentioning a discount he had come down to $2299 so I figure there is more room for maneuver. Do you have a table from these guys?
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:52 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

That's where I was looking last night. The price started at $2499 and within a nano-second of mentioning a discount he had come down to $2299 so I figure there is more room for maneuver. Do you have a table from these guys?
No I was just having a look, but I saw loads of reconditioned ones in the local rags down here when I was looking for furniture so that might be worth a look too.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

You need to knock some sense into my husband - $6K I believe - I was not impressed
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:54 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=rushman]$2299 for a poxy pool table FFS!!! QUOTE]

Bargain!