Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone Got Any Shopping Tips to Share?

Anyone Got Any Shopping Tips to Share?

Old Feb 10th 2005, 11:35 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Got Any Shopping Tips to Share?

Originally Posted by Eskimo
a whole tuna in can form
Sounds like you got quite a bit of dolphin in there too. Reading through this thread has made me miss Costco, I haven't been in a month. The car is nearly in need of some cheap petrol so guess where we're going this weekend?
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:32 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

The best shopping tip I have is to get a forum membership (for free) at slickdealz.net (http://www.slickdealz.net/). People there are obsessed with finding the best price and seem almost professional in their efforts. Also, people are very helpful and friendly on the forum, they'll point out product reviews and help you pick the right item.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:36 pm
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a few tips I use (websites)
www.mycoupons.com Use the online shopping link as well as B&M shopping link. These lonely women on this board will get you the deal of a lifetime. I ALWAYS use this board for coupons and huge discounts.

PS: I never buy anything online w/out a coupon. www.flamingoworld is good for listing coupons.

Then there's www.ebates I love this one just as much. Gives you money back to shop. Check is sent to you after you accumulate $5

Find a grocery store and doubles or triples coupons. Done properly, you can save a bundle. I saved just over $100.00 in coupons on on of my trips. Bet I'll never do that again

If you have a Target or Kohls near by these are excellent for their clearances
www.drugstore.com is a good online shopping site also. Use ebates to get money back and check out their free with purchase selection. You may gain a gift for an item you were gonna purchase anyway

Last edited by IluvAbrit; Feb 10th 2005 at 3:40 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 4:27 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by franc111s
The other tip. Take only enough cash to buy what you intend to buy. I need to use that tip myself as I always spend 4 times more than intended

Absolutely! Actually, I take a shopping list and ONLY buy what's on the list. I joined to save money, and used to do exactly what everyone else seems to do.....end up spending more money on groceries, not less.

I do like to go on Saturday's - you basically get to eat lunch with all the freebie samples

Another tip, anytime I'm tempted to buy "prepared" meals, I figure out the price per pound of the meal, it makes you realize how bloody expensive that stuff is.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 9:46 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Apex Digital AD-1165 Single Disc DVD Player With Progressive Scan
FREE with $25 purchase. Shipping is also free.

http://www.viking.com/promo/redir.d...rXhvjvVHQibVoiw

Add any product(s) worth $25 or more to your shopping cart
Search for "Y11-PRDVD" to add this DVD Player to your shopping cart for $79.99.

During checkout, you will receive an instant discount of $79.99
If you dont see the instant discount, enter promo code: QYN-PRDVD
Quantity: 1.

It MIGHT say that the DVD player is out of stock and to accept a boom box in its place, just ignore that and click the Add to cart box in the lower right hand corner. This will add the dvd player to the box and then take away the charge for it.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie

It MIGHT say that the DVD player is out of stock and to accept a boom box in its place, just ignore that and click the Add to cart box in the lower right hand corner. This will add the dvd player to the box and then take away the charge for it.

They must have caught up with you. When I clicked on the link it said that page no longer exsists....and here I was wanting another DVD!
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:15 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Hey - it's one of those DVD players which can also be hacked to play the UK DVDs as well...the link how to do it is by going to:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks and typing in the model no.

(I did notice that a few people warned that some of the Apex players are a bit flimsy/dodgy quality but overall they seemed to like the player for something like using in a bedrooom etc.)

Perhaps this thread should be a 'sticky'????
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:18 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
They must have caught up with you. When I clicked on the link it said that page no longer exsists....and here I was wanting another DVD!
Try www.viking.com and then just put in the promo code. It worked a couple of mins ago.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.viking.com and then just put in the promo code. It worked a couple of mins ago.
Ok, shall ask my hubs when he gets home if he wants anything from there. This reminds me of Viking in the UK when I'd order things for my boss and then get all kinds of goodies if you spent over a certain amount. The cheapskate never let me keep anything though....
Old Feb 10th 2005, 10:44 pm
C.G.D.S

It defo still works. I just ordered some new paper and labels. I only spent $9 but still got the DVD player. They usually do next day delivery and are really great.

I also have a free shipping code for www.gloss.com I order from them quite a lot and you always end up with a load of freebies in the order. PM me if anyone wants the shipping code.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 11:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
(I did notice that a few people warned that some of the Apex players are a bit flimsy/dodgy quality but overall they seemed to like the player for something like using in a bedrooom etc.)
they are a bit, well they tend to start skipping after about a years worth, but at that price, still a bargain.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 11:12 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by Bob
they are a bit, well they tend to start skipping after about a years worth, but at that price, still a bargain.
At the bargain price of Zero $s I'll be happy if it works for a month!
Old Feb 10th 2005, 11:39 pm
Perfumdiva1

It defo still works. I just ordered some new paper and labels. I only spent $9 but still got the DVD player. They usually do next day delivery and are really great.

I also have a free shipping code for www.gloss.com I order from them quite a lot and you always end up with a load of freebies in the order. PM me if anyone wants the shipping code.

I just tried it too

Got into the site OK, but when checking out, it said I needed to spend more than the the price of the DVD, to get it as a freebie

PD

Old Mar 5th 2005, 7:09 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Anyone Got Any Shopping Tips to Share?

For anyone going to Home Depot or Expo here's a coupon for a 10% saving which you can print off (yes they do take them if you print them off yourself - and there is no limit on how many times you can do this, I can't see an expiry date on the coupon either):

http://forums.slickdeals.net/attachm...achmentid=3862
Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Englishmum
But will Sears take it back in three years time and give you a full refund LOL!
I had a friend who went around flea markets, yard sales etc buying up old sears tools for pennies. He would break them and take them back and get them swapped for new ones, they are warrantied for life, worked every time, he was never refused.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.