Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone going home for Christmas

Wikiposts

Anyone going home for Christmas

Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:57 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone going home for Christmas

Hello

Just wondering if anyone is popping back to the UK for Christmas, and if so what are your plans ???
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:08 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone going home for Christmas

We are staying here (first time) and looking forward to a stress free day of no driving, no arguing and no TV going to San Fransisco on boxing day to see friends and get wasted. Cant wait - instead of pissing around shopping for weeks I am sending everyone the cash back home and then taking the kids shopping to buy their Mum lots of cool stuff for once
.....and getting into the US spirit of things we will be decorating the outside of the house with around 9000 lights, adding a 12ft inflatable snowman in the garden and 10ft tree inside - really
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:13 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
We are staying here (first time) and looking forward to a stress free day of no driving, no arguing and no TV going to San Fransisco on boxing day to see friends and get wasted. Cant wait - instead of pissing around shopping for weeks I am sending everyone the cash back home and then taking the kids shopping to buy their Mum lots of cool stuff for once
.....and getting into the US spirit of things we will be decorating the outside of the house with around 9000 lights, adding a 12ft inflatable snowman in the garden and 10ft tree inside - really
Sweet
I like your Boxing Day plans - bringing the best bit of the UK Christmas to the US. I've been going out on the rip with the mates every boxing day for the past 14 years except the last 2 when I've been over here spending Christmas with the other half. Ironically now that I've moved over here I get to spend the Christmas in the UK. Can't wait, especially for Christmas Eve and Boxing Day in the boozer.
I must say though, I like this Thanksgiving lark - my office already seems to be on the wind down for the end of the year.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Sweet
II must say though, I like this Thanksgiving lark - my office already seems to be on the wind down for the end of the year.
theres no bugger here my day is usually 8 hours of meetings - today I had a 9.30 ! and my commute was half the usual time ! been on here all day
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:15 am
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Just wondering if anyone is popping back to the UK for Christmas, and if so what are your plans ???

Leave on the 16th and plan to do the usual visiting everyone but most it will be spent in the pub! Birthday on Boxing Day so hope to crawl into bed . Presents almost all bought and everyone is else gets money. Planning a few trips, York, St. Andrews (for hubbie) and then do whatever we feel like!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:16 am
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Behave yourself in SF when we're gone!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:17 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

theres no bugger here my day is usually 8 hours of meetings - today I had a 9.30 ! and my commute was half the usual time ! been on here all day
I can echo that!! The wind down has begun; roads empty this morning and the office is in a similar way. Apparently Wednesday is half day do Thursday it's time to hit the slopes!! Quite literally in my case as I'm still learning how to ski!
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Behave yourself in SF when we're gone!
us angels we are
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I wish!

Although some good news came through the post, I got my AOS/I-485 interview appointment through the post for January 12th. Wooohooo!!!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:22 am
Thinking about it

Leave on the 16th and plan to do the usual visiting everyone but most it will be spent in the pub! Birthday on Boxing Day so hope to crawl into bed . Presents almost all bought and everyone is else gets money. Planning a few trips, York, St. Andrews (for hubbie) and then do whatever we feel like!
Interesting - I'm also leaving for home on the 16th and my birthday is the day after boxing day.
Stopping off at the store on the way home tonight to get 2 crates of beer. Have to get some training in for 3 weeks of boozing when I get back home and I don't think that the 4 or 5 bud lites that I've been drinking every saturday night for the past 5 months is really going to cut it.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:23 am
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
I can echo that!! The wind down has begun; roads empty this morning and the office is in a similar way. Apparently Wednesday is half day do Thursday it's time to hit the slopes!! Quite literally in my case as I'm still learning how to ski!
I'm a qualified instructor, so for the price of my flight and accomodation I'd be only too happy to help out
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:25 am
Open All Hours!

Interesting - I'm also leaving for home on the 16th and my birthday is the day after boxing day.
Stopping off at the store on the way home tonight to get 2 crates of beer. Have to get some training in for 3 weeks of boozing when I get back home and I don't think that the 4 or 5 bud lites that I've been drinking every saturday night for the past 5 months is really going to cut it.
Will also have to prepare for the drinking, however, when you hang out with Eskimo and Co it soons comes back .
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:27 am
Open All Hours!

Told hubbie we're gonna take him on the York pub crawl, he actually thinks he can do it .
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Staying around here, x-mas eve, in the evening, 11ish we're heading to grandmothers up in Bangor...the missus works on boxing day too, so be driving back after x-mas dinner.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:28 am
Account Closed

Will also have to prepare for the drinking, however, when you hang out with Eskimo and Co it soons comes back .
I resemble that comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.