Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Friendswood/Pearland TX?

Anyone in Friendswood/Pearland TX?

Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

twen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Friendswood/Pearland TX?

Ike was our first experience here, we did not have any damage [we were some of the lucky ones] worst part was not being able to communicate to our families back home to let them know we were ok, a friend from Aberdeen sent a tx to my work's blackberry and I asked them to contact our families.

I am lucky that I can work my own hours, I come in really early around 5 or 5.30 and can leave at 3pm...and I ride the 290 feeder road home at that time it is not too bad.

What type of puppy are you getting?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:00 pm
Welsh and proud in Texas

tigerbaywarrior is on a distinguished road

Rhodesian Ridgeback. She's 8 months old. I've never had a dog before but my wife has.

Re: the phone situation. Get a Vonage phone at home. It has a free feature if the power is out (and the internet is not available to your house), it will forward all calls to another number - your cell phone. You can also log in from your cell phone and change settings. Never lost touch with the family - charged the phone in the car. When everything is working, calls to the UK are free!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

twen is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, they are beautiful dogs, you must send me photos.

We do have Vonage [free calls to land line in the UK, so I can talk as much as I like], was not aware that calls could be diverted to cell phones etc., thanks for the info.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

sportaxi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, Just a quick note.

We are in Missouri City (First Colony) just next to Sugar Land. It is now late just got back from watching Harry Potter at the Cinema
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland... about to relocate to Houston, Texas
SarahH1409 has a brilliant futureSarahH1409 has a brilliant futureSarahH1409 has a brilliant futureSarahH1409 has a brilliant futureSarahH1409 has a brilliant futureSarahH1409 has a brilliant futureSarahH1409 has a brilliant future

Hi!

We are moving over in the next month or two, but it is the League City area we are looking at, not too far from Friendswood, which is a gorgeous area... we have family there just off Blackhawk

I am also another Aberdonian!!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

ionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarmelBarrett
Hi all, wondered if there were any expats living in the Friendswood/Pearland area's. Would love to meet up.
Hi, I am in Seabrook very close to Clearlake ,would love to meet or go to meets