Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Friendswood/Pearland TX?

Anyone in Friendswood/Pearland TX?

Old May 11th 2009, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

CarmelBarrett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Friendswood/Pearland TX?

Hi all, wondered if there were any expats living in the Friendswood/Pearland area's. Would love to meet up.
Old May 11th 2009, 9:12 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Friendswood/Pearland TX?

Hi CB, I am in Pearland - moved here (almost) 1 year ago from Aberdeen, Scotland. Send me a PM if you fancy getting together for a coffee sometime.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

christinalrn is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in Friendswood! My fiancee just moved here from Sheffield... I am looking for other expats for us to get together with, he is in a bit of a culture shock and in need of a few mates to help him with the transition... anyone close? they have meet ups in downtown, but that is a bit far, especially after a few at the "pub". Is there any place around here that expats like to go or meet up? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

twen is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say Hi,

I am actually in Houston Tx, but also from Aberdeenshire [Mintlaw, village 30 miles north of Aberdeen].

We were home for our visa renewal a couple of weeks ago and we had 3 days without rain!!

If you are ever in Houston PM and we can arrange a meet up?

Best rgds
Wendy
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:14 am
Just Joined

muddy mudguard is an unknown quantity at this point

Well hello fellow Brits!

I too moved to Stafford (currently) right off 59 and the Beltway - moved over here with my family on 1st June - would love to meet up with some other Brits - so if you do organize something - let me know.

Muddy
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Hi Muddy Mudguard,

What do you do here in Houston, I live way up the 290/North Eldridge Parkway, Wortham Falls, but I work downtown for an Oil Company.

Rgds
Wendy
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

I'm on the Stafford/Houston city limit border - West Airport exit off Beltway 8.

It's actually good to know that there's quite a few Brits over here. When I moved my wife told me there was a British Expat's thing over in Cinco Ranch area - I told her that sort of thing wasn't for me - but after being here a month I'm missing home a bit more than I thought I would!!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

I know what you mean. It is worse for my husband as he is not mixing as much as I am...obviously because I am at work and the company I work for here is the same company I worked for in Aberdeen, so I know a lot of people and most of the ex-pats from Aberdeen are from my old office. Hubby owns a tanning salon and with the economy etc., still picking up he has had to do most of the hours himself along with 2 part time employees. He likes to go to the shooting range indoor and outdoor, I am not much company for him as I do not have the same passion as he does LOL, we also took our German Shepherd over with us so that can by a tie it'self and not so much freedon to take off for long weekends etc.,...we love our dog, sometimes we think that he would welcome the cold winters back home as he does struggle with the heat especially now...hubby also, me I love it beats rainly gray Aberdeen any day.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

p.s. it will get better, it took me almost a year to feel fully settled here
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

You know, I'm sure it will get better. 6th July was my birthday so I guess spending it away from my family hits home a little bit harder. But I have a good wife from a huge family who are all wonderful - I've also lived in the US before although when I was 19 which was amazing - Ski season in Colorado - but I guess I always knew I was going back.
Don't get me wrong, I love the weather here, the food and being part of a huge family too - I've recently been offered a job - so things are looking up on that front too.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:29 pm
Welsh and proud in Texas

tigerbaywarrior is on a distinguished road

Spring *waving* hello.

Got out of the Woodlands rat race and enjoying the life 'in the country'. Small development between Benders Landing and Spring Trails. Very peaceful and great (american) neighbors.

Almost 5 years in Houston and not looking back.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi tigerbaywarrior,

What do you do here in Houston
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:40 pm
Welsh and proud in Texas

Originally Posted by twen
Hi tigerbaywarrior,

What do you do here in Houston
I work really hard at spreading the good word about document management.

Wife, 2 kids and soon getting a dog.

Where/what are you doing in 'H' town?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

We live way up off the 290 [North], just off North Eldrige Parkway, been here since Sep 2007 and I love it here, hubby hates the heat!

Our kids are all grown up and live back home all working and come out a couple times a year for free hols. We have our dog Kaiser who I too think he hates the heat

I take my own car into downtown everyday [convertable] and love it...now that I am used to Houstonian drivers that is
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:51 pm
Welsh and proud in Texas

Originally Posted by twen
We live way up off the 290 [North], just off North Eldrige Parkway, been here since Sep 2007 and I love it here, hubby hates the heat!

Our kids are all grown up and live back home all working and come out a couple times a year for free hols. We have our dog Kaiser who I too think he hates the heat

I take my own car into downtown everyday [convertable] and love it...now that I am used to Houstonian drivers that is
We lived in Bear Creek for 6 months when we got here - I HATED the 290 after that. I get to drive around town a lot with work so you probably couldn't pick me out of a crowd of crazy drivers. We're getting our puppy from a breeder in Dallas so hopefully it likes the heat.

My daughter is genuine first generation Texan. Myself, wife and son are all welsh born. Son is 6 and daughter is 2.

We are double Hurricane survivors (Rita & Ike) but we still love it here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.