Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Cupertino?

Wikiposts

Anyone in Cupertino?

Old Jan 18th 2013, 4:39 am
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Tigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone in Cupertino?

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone lived in the Cupertino area? I was hoping to get some opinions on it. My OH is interviewing there (no offer as yet so this might be all moot!), but as the organiser in our little twosome I like to have all the facts!

We don't have any children so schools etc not an issue, I guess I was just looking for general opinions on the atmosphere, how easy is it to get to the Bay area (Downtown?) on transit, what sort of things are there to do in Cupertino? We're both fairly outdoorsy (6 years in Vancouver will do that to you!) but also like dinner out and going for a drink....

Anyway any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 18th 2013, 5:14 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Cupertino?

Originally Posted by Tigger1
Hello,

Just wondered if anyone lived in the Cupertino area? I was hoping to get some opinions on it. My OH is interviewing there (no offer as yet so this might be all moot!), but as the organiser in our little twosome I like to have all the facts!

We don't have any children so schools etc not an issue, I guess I was just looking for general opinions on the atmosphere, how easy is it to get to the Bay area (Downtown?) on transit, what sort of things are there to do in Cupertino? We're both fairly outdoorsy (6 years in Vancouver will do that to you!) but also like dinner out and going for a drink....

Anyway any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated
Hi, I'm in Mountain View, which is around 5 miles from Cupertino.

Personally, I wouldn't live in Cupertino, there is nothing to do there, and rental prices are high because the schools get excellent results. There are some great little cities within a very easy commute to Cupertino, that have little high streets with restaurants and bars. These are Palo Alto, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Sunnyvale, and Mountain View. San Jose also has Santana Row which I imagine would be a nice place to live as a couple, full of shops, restaurants, bars and a cinema, and there are a few little high street towns in San Jose I believe, Willow Glen is the only one that springs to mind though.

If you are in Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, MV or San Jose you can easily get on the transit system to get into SF and other areas.

There are loads of places to go hiking, biking, climbing, camping... you name it. The weather is also great for outside stuff, not too cold in the winter and not unbearably hot in the summer.

We've been here around 2 and a half years now, after moving from LA, and love it here.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 5:35 am
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Tigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Hi, I'm in Mountain View, which is around 5 miles from Cupertino.

Personally, I wouldn't live in Cupertino, there is nothing to do there, and rental prices are high because the schools get excellent results. There are some great little cities within a very easy commute to Cupertino, that have little high streets with restaurants and bars. These are Palo Alto, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Sunnyvale, and Mountain View. San Jose also has Santana Row which I imagine would be a nice place to live as a couple, full of shops, restaurants, bars and a cinema, and there are a few little high street towns in San Jose I believe, Willow Glen is the only one that springs to mind though.

If you are in Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, MV or San Jose you can easily get on the transit system to get into SF and other areas.

There are loads of places to go hiking, biking, climbing, camping... you name it. The weather is also great for outside stuff, not too cold in the winter and not unbearably hot in the summer.

We've been here around 2 and a half years now, after moving from LA, and love it here.
Oh that's great! Thanks a lot :-) Will take a look at those areas
Old Jan 18th 2013, 5:36 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigger1
Oh that's great! Thanks a lot :-) Will take a look at those areas
No problems, let me know if you have any questions.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:46 am
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Will do! He might not get the job, and then this will all be moot but my planning brain can't help but be prepared :-)

At least being in Vancouver, it should be easy to get some trips in to check out different areas