Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone "been following" the FL girl kidnap tragedy?

Anyone "been following" the FL girl kidnap tragedy?

Old Feb 6th 2004, 5:36 pm
Franklin

Default Anyone "been following" the FL girl kidnap tragedy?

Well, they found her body (11-year-old Carlie Brucia). It is too awful for words. I hope he fries.

Last edited by Patent Attorney; Feb 6th 2004 at 6:54 pm.

Old Feb 6th 2004, 5:44 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

It was tough to watch the Bay area news this morning, very sad indeed. He'll get it in the arm not fried
Old Feb 6th 2004, 5:44 pm
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed. Hope they still have the death penalty in FL, like they do here in good ol' Texas!

p22
Old Feb 6th 2004, 5:45 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

tragic
Old Feb 6th 2004, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone "been following" the FL girl kidnap tragedy?

Originally posted by Patent Attorney
Well, they her body (11-year-old Carlie Brucia). It is too awful for words. I hope he fries.
Last December, a judge turned down the parole officer's request that Smith be imprisoned. I hope that judge sleeps well tonight.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 6:20 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone "been following" the FL girl kidnap tragedy?

My thoughts are with her family.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 6:24 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, its very sad indeed.

The death penalty is too good , they need to skin him alive and pour sarsons malt vinegar over him, then stick 415 volts up his jacksy.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 7:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

To all Non-Floridians ..Be assured he will be treated at the Florida State Prison in Stark..in a manner deserving of a child murderer..
It make take 20 years of appeals before the needle goes in...
Thats of course if he make it thru the 20 years...
Old Feb 6th 2004, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
Yes, its very sad indeed.

The death penalty is too good , they need to skin him alive and pour sarsons malt vinegar over him, then stick 415 volts up his jacksy.
A man after my own heart. I think the death penalty gives them the easy way out.

Stick him in the main wing of the prison he ends up in and let the inmates sort him out - on a regular basis.

It does highlight the need to really teach our children about safety. CNN ran a piece earlier with some good tips for our kids.

Child Safety Tips

I can't begin to imagine the torment her poor parents are going through right now. It really is sickening.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 11:30 pm
irb
Forum Regular

irb is an unknown quantity at this point

Children are taught over and over again but as parents will know most of what you tell them just doesn't register with them. Last year my brother was visiting from the UK with his little boy of 8 years old. No matter what we told him, he kept wandering off. Three adults to one child and everytime we turned around he had still wandered off. That was until we showed him the boards at the entrance of Walmart showing all the kids that have been abducted or gone missing. He never left our side again without asking . Thanks Walmart.

It is difficult to know how much and how to tell kids, you don't want to frighten them, but they need to know they can't just wander of. Kids on holiday in Florida are just too excited to think of how to stay safe.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I am planning a short trip to Disney later in the year and we are taking our parents with us so we have one adult per child. We plan to keep them attached to us with those wristband things you can get in the UK - I assume you can get them here also.

I've heard a story - which may just be one of those urban legends- of a little girl being snatched in Disney and having had her hair cut and clothes changed by the time she got to the gates where she was spotted by security staff. Even if it's a false rumour I know I'll be watching my four like a hawk when I get there. ( I looked it up and it is an urban legend - still four kids on the loose in a big crowd is a no no for me)

Heck I lost one of ours in Boots in the UK the year before last and for those ten minutes I was panic stricken, I bet most parents have had one of those moments. I just don't like to think how you cope with it when they really have been taken.

I agree completely with what you are saying about the line between warning them and frightening them, but as you pointed out with the walmart board example, sometimes a scare is required to really get through to them the danger they could put themselves in.

A psychologist was saying earlier on the news that as parents we were being irrational with our fears for our children fuelled by having this case on the news all week, and that statistically the chances of our child being abducted are low - but you don't want yours to be that one child.

Last edited by snorkmaiden; Feb 7th 2004 at 1:09 am.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

teach your kids to scream, kick, bite, etc. If you dont think they listened to you -- get a friend to "try" to take them away when you're not looking. If they come along willingly -- scold them.

Her parents obviously didn't teach her that life-saving skill. And we all saw waht the tragic result was.

-= nav =-
Old Feb 7th 2004, 2:16 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pilgrim22
Agreed. Hope they still have the death penalty in FL, like they do here in good ol' Texas!

p22
The missus tells me (she's originally from Florida) that they do have the death penalty there.
Plus the state governer is a Bush and like his brother (when he was Gov of Texas) he's got no problem with frying people.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 3:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
The missus tells me (she's originally from Florida) that they do have the death penalty there.
Plus the state governer is a Bush and like his brother (when he was Gov of Texas) he's got no problem with frying people.
But we are a fair State... He will be offered a choice.. electric chair.
or the needle.... most take the needle ....The last few who had the Electric chair went up in a ball of flame ...
Old Feb 7th 2004, 5:08 am
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Originally posted by ray6
But we are a fair State... He will be offered a choice.. electric chair.
or the needle.... most take the needle ....The last few who had the Electric chair went up in a ball of flame ...
Who the **** cares, my daughter is the same age.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.