Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Atlanta, GA?

Anyone in Atlanta, GA?

Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:03 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Anyone in Atlanta, GA?

Hello to all of you US forum buffs!

This is Face from the ME forum....

I will be visiting Atlanta once again this summer for about 3 weeks and I was considering renting a car. So far I have only managed to find a car through E-Z Rent Car. I would appreciate if anyone could suggest other (and cheaper) car rental places. If its of any significance, I will be in the NE, in Dekalb County.

I would also be interested in talking to or meeting up with expats in good ol' ATL to get the low down on Atlanta. Although I have visited Atlanta 3 times in the past, I have never actually spoken to other expats. I am keen to do so this time, as Atlanta is potentially somewhere I wcan see myself living in a few years from now....

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Face.

PS - Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:47 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone in Atlanta, GA?

no one?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
no one?
Is Charleston SC close enough?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 1:49 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Anyone in Atlanta, GA?

no one?
I do! Only for another 9 months!!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:02 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I will be visiting Atlanta once again this summer for about 3 weeks and I was considering renting a car. So far I have only managed to find a car through E-Z Rent Car. I would appreciate if anyone could suggest other (and cheaper) car rental places. If its of any significance, I will be in the NE, in Dekalb County.

I would also be interested in talking to or meeting up with expats in good ol' ATL to get the low down on Atlanta. Although I have visited Atlanta 3 times in the past, I have never actually spoken to other expats. I am keen to do so this time, as Atlanta is potentially somewhere I wcan see myself living in a few years from now....

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Face.

Sorry Face-down here on the coast about 4 hours from Atlanta.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

Hello Face:

I am in Atlanta and am from Dubai (actually stayed there 20 years), my folks are still there. I have been in Atlanta since 2001. Originally from India, grew in Dubai all my life. I read all your views on BE (M. EAST) forum. I am not in Dekalb county though, but, if you would like to meet or need help around, please feel free to drop a line.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Face.

Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:29 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Face, it's a long shot, but there is a BE member I know that lives in Atlanta, GA. She is British, and she and I were going through the K1 visa process around the same time in 2003, but I see she hasn't posted here since 2004 - but you could try emailing her from her contact page:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=9737

She and hubby are very friendly people, so it's worth a try.

Debbie
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:32 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Rompers
Is Charleston SC close enough?
Possibly. Do u ever get into Atlanta? or have u ever been?

I once drove up all the way to the SC/GA border.... I loved the quaint old 'gas stations' in the area.

PS - gave u some karma.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:33 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
I do! Only for another 9 months!!
Where abouts in ATL are u mate, if I may ask? N, S, E, W, central ATL?

Perhaps u could offer me a few pointers?

Will drop u a PM tomorrow AM.

PS - gave u some karma.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:35 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by waitingforAOS
Hello Face:

I am in Atlanta and am from Dubai (actually stayed there 20 years), my folks are still there. I have been in Atlanta since 2001. Originally from India, grew in Dubai all my life. I read all your views on BE (M. EAST) forum. I am not in Dekalb county though, but, if you would like to meet or need help around, please feel free to drop a line.

Cheers for the info. Tis good to know I can get in touch if I am in a bind.

PS - gave u some karma.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:36 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Sorry Face-down here on the coast about 4 hours from Atlanta.
well atleast u told me.

We just might take a trip down to Savannah one w/e. I really fancy the idea of that....

trying to sort a rent a car from this end and it aint easy. Any good rent-a-car places in GA that u know of?

PS - gave u some karma.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:38 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by dbark
Face, it's a long shot, but there is a BE member I know that lives in Atlanta, GA. She is British, and she and I were going through the K1 visa process around the same time in 2003, but I see she hasn't posted here since 2004 - but you could try emailing her from her contact page:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=9737

She and hubby are very friendly people, so it's worth a try.

Debbie

Cheers for that Debs. Every little bit helps. Will drop her an e-mail in the AM.

well atleast u told me.

PS - gave u some karma.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly. Do u ever get into Atlanta? or have u ever been?

I once drove up all the way to the SC/GA border.... I loved the quaint old 'gas stations' in the area.

PS - gave u some karma.
I've not been to Altlanta but I spent a week down on Tybee Island which is near Savannah. Its very nice down there.

For car rental, I've used both Hertz and Budget. Both were pretty good and fairly cheap.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:44 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Rompers
I've not been to Altlanta but I spent a week down on Tybee Island which is near Savannah. Its very nice down there.

For car rental, I've used both Hertz and Budget. Both were pretty good and fairly cheap.
Cheers for the tip Rompers....

Have never been to Savannah, but I hear is brilliant there. Will look up Hertz and Budget as those have branches here in Dubai as well, so it may makes things easier....

Whats Charleston like? Would that be along the I-85 or I-75, North?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:44 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Face81]Hello to all of you US forum buffs!

You don't want to rent a car in Atlanta. There are way too may stop lights and they all seem to favor the color red (and I'm serious)...

If you do get a green, it doesn't mean in Atlanta that the driver coming the other way won't ignore their red either... (and I'm even more serious)...

We have more stop lights than we have people....

I'd rent from the airport if I were you, get a special long term deal with Hertz - shop around (call the local manager). If the business is slow, they will do you a deal.

We have lots of Brits in Atlanta. Good Pubs and Lots of places to get Englsih grub... where will you be ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.